Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap monthly charge

Options
  • 07-11-2005 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Ok Im looking at getting NTL,And with that i will need to get a voip.

Now ,i dont actually need to make that many outgoing phone calls,so im looking for the provider with the cheapest monthly charge,it doesnt matter if the calls are very expensive i just need a cheap monthly charge.

All help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Blueface is pretty good - http://www.blueface.ie
    You can have pay as you go option but you don't get a geographic or voip (076) number for people to ring u on, just a sip number.
    €9.99 a month gets u a proper number & 300 minutes per month.

Broadtalk http://www.broadtalk.ie gives u a number and has pay as u go also so may suit u better, but I haven't used them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Blueface are excellent. I use them with NTL and it is great. Never tried Broadtalk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

thank you for helping me out,whats a sip number? im new to voip.

Alos are there any other companys with similar offers to broad talk?

thank you for helping me out,whats a sip number? im new to voip.

A sip number is your extension, username. Similar to e-mail. With Blueface you can dial a number, then enter the sip number to contact someone. Not as handy as a proper number (which they offer with their subscription packages) but useful no less.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Is there any way in which I can keep my existing landline number (051 number) and swithch to someone like blueface. I have just got ntl BB 3meg package installed and now I want rid of my landline phone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Leonard wrote:
    Is there any way in which I can keep my existing landline number (051 number) and swithch to someone like blueface. I have just got ntl BB 3meg package installed and now I want rid of my landline phone.

Yes, although their is certain catches
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=319754

Leonard wrote:

Blueface will let you do this.

paulm17781 wrote:
    A sip number is your extension, username. Similar to e-mail. With Blueface you can dial a number, then enter the sip number to contact someone. Not as handy as a proper number (which they offer with their subscription packages) but useful no less.

So in effect they will be ringing blueface,and then dialling an extension number once the have got through to blueface?

So in effect they will be ringing blueface,and then dialling an extension number once the have got through to blueface?

That's it! As said though with the contract options they give you a real phone number. Well 2 if you count the 076 one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

paulm17781 wrote:
    That's it! As said though with the contract options they give you a real phone number. Well 2 if you count the 076 one.

3 if you count the free 056 UK VoIP number (unless they've discontinued this)
    ;)

• Advertisement

paulm17781 wrote:

Thats fairly crappy,you dont get a proper number and they dont mention anything about it under the particular section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

i think broadtalk even give you a real number on the pay as you go option.
    Not positive on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I went with Broadtalk. Have a few issues with them but they are getting their act together now.I am on Pay as you go and have a 01 number for the moment until they give me an 091 number. Waiting for voice mail to come on board at the end of the month, But all in all, all seems well with making and recieving calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MN

I would strongly recommend Blueface. Their customer support is excellent. My experience with Broadtalk customer support isn't that great. I still can't get my ATA to work with broadtalk, and their support doesn't even reply to my emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Thats fairly crappy,you dont get a proper number and they dont mention anything about it under the particular section.

Which section are you refering to?

Under the Pay as you go section it states that you will not receive either a geographic number or an 076 number. It does state that can receive phone calls if your caller calls a blueface extension.

On the Freedom Basic package it states that you get one geographic number and one 076 number.

Personally I have a UK 056 number also, but they do not appear to be offering this now - at leas not on the basic selection.

I have been using the Freedom basic package for a few months and it is well worth it. Originally I was using it with a bluetooth headset to a wireless connected laptop without too much issues, but since changing to the PAP2 device the quality is perfect.

harney wrote:
    Personally I have a UK 056 number also, but they do not appear to be offering this now - at leas not on the basic selection.

Its still available for everything but the PAYG/Trial option :)
    http://www.blueface.ie/support/compare.aspx

Im probably going to go with broadtalk,hopefully will get a waterford number from them strate away.

Are there any other poip providers in Ireland appart from broadtalk and blueface?

Are there any other poip providers in Ireland appart from broadtalk and blueface?

There's a few others
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2679464&postcount=2
    There's a couple more but I can't remember their names...I must look into it and update the sticky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

While I don't normally go for free marketing for companies, with Blueface, I've only experienced...

1. Top notch support (online)
    2. Very fast turnaround on orders
    3. Super quality

As VoIP is still a nascent offering on RoI, I would expect that newbies may hit some hurdles but that's what these forums are for, right? ;-)

I know the broadtalk guys and they're busting a gut to get it right.

My message here is --- "As long as it's not €ircon, it has gotta be good".

For what it's worth, we worked out that using blueface compared to €ircon over a 12 month period (including line rental, broadband+ and 10 euro's of calls) will save you €310.

Worth it methinks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Bloodychancer

For what it's worth, we worked out that using blueface compared to €ircon over a 12 month period (including line rental, broadband+ and 10 euro's of calls) will save you €310.

Worth it methinks!

The savings would be even greater depending on phone use I'm on the blueface 24.99 a month option with NTL broadband so basically what i now pay for Broadband, phone and all my calls is what I was paying Eircom just for broadband and line rental. So work it out if your calls are 50 euro a month thats 600 euro a year not to mention you dont have to watch the clock like I did with eircom.

Advertisement