Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for personal challange

Options
  • 07-11-2005 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

After watching the Dublin marathon last week I was full of admiration for all the runners.

I decided it is time I found a challange for myself to work towards, but I'm not sure I'm up for a marathon. Has anyone any suggestions for other good goals?

Has anyone done anything they are especially proud of?

Something that I could do with other people to motivate me would be great, so if anyone knows of training groups, clubs or anything like that let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

I often feel the same way, but i reckon i'll be doing a marathon some day.

Is it something specifically fitness-related you want to achieve, or something that just takes dedication?
    For a challenge, you could learn to ride a horse (also something i plan on doing), cycling, mountaineering, abseiling, or if you're particularly water bound, caneoing.

Are you in college/Where do you live/Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 josephiny

I went horse riding once in New Zealand but it terrified me. I guess I didn't like the feeling of being out of control and reliant on an animal.

I also achived my last goal of sky diving last year which was brilliant, but it didn't really take any work.

I'm not necessarily looking for something fitness related but something that i can work towards. I like your idea of mountaineering. Have you done much?

Maybe I could start by climbing Howth Head at the weekend.

I live in central Dublin so its good to get out of the city occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

If you're looking for a challenge to do with running :

http://www.saharamarathon.co.uk/ :D

I think there was a post on this on the fitness forum.
    That's definitely something to work towards.

Many Irish people take part every year (myself included next year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Skydiving, but I hear it ain't cheap.

Advertisement