Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disconnects ?

Options
  • 07-11-2005 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

I am getting a horrible ammount of disconnects. Its terribly frustrating as it always seems to happen when im winning and it counts as a loss. My last username had 8 wins, draw and 6 losses, 6 disconnects. Every loss was due to a disconnect.

Im on 2mb BT broadband and connect via USB with a zyxel prestige 600 series router modem. Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Tusky wrote:
    I am getting a horrible ammount of disconnects. Its terribly frustrating as it always seems to happen when im winning and it counts as a loss. My last username had 8 wins, draw and 6 losses, 6 disconnects. Every loss was due to a disconnect.

Im on 2mb BT broadband and connect via USB with a zyxel prestige 600 series router modem. Any ideas ?
    I've always used the ethernet connection (red wire) myself... had awful problems with the USB connection when started using the service.
    Try that to see if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

whiskeyman wrote:
    I've always used the ethernet connection (red wire) myself... had awful problems with the USB connection when started using the service.
    Try that to see if it makes any difference.

Thats the problem...Theres another pc using the ethernet port so im stuck with the usb. Maybe I need to buy a modem that has room for two ethernet connections.

in the meantime...fancy a game whiskey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Only got them vs you and big ears, coincidence?

Noone else.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Only got them vs you and big ears, coincidence?

Noone else.

kdjac

You never disconnected against me. I disconnected against you once.

• Advertisement

To rephrase only people to disconnect vs me were you and BE.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

oh right...I dont see the coiinsidence though..unless youre saying I have big ears.

Tusky wrote:
    oh right...I dont see the coiinsidence though..unless youre saying I have big ears.

that and your both possibly on BT?

but go with the big ears :v:

kdjac

ah...I didnt know whe was on BT. Its ****ing anoying when youre winning 3-0 and you get a DC in the 90th min and it counts as a loss!!! GRR

If we have a league and someone is winning and they DC, it shouldnt count as a loss...

Tusky wrote:

If we have a league and someone is winning and they DC, it shouldnt count as a loss...

So play all league games in freindly lobby? or just repaly the game?
    You will get some cnut disconnecting whilst losing, just to avoid losing points.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    So play all league games in freindly lobby? or just repaly the game?
    You will get some cnut disconnecting whilst losing, just to avoid losing points.

kdjac

if youre loosing and you DC, fair enough, you lose. Ive no problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tusky wrote:
    ah...I didnt know whe was on BT. Its ****ing anoying when youre winning 3-0 and you get a DC in the 90th min and it counts as a loss!!! GRR

Tbh if you are disconnecting that much, you should not be in the league as it is just a burden to be replaying matches all the time. Either that or count it as a loss.

fixed*
    cheesedude wrote:
    Tbh I dont want you in the league because you are better than me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

and ive only ever had the one disconnect and that's because Eircom doing/not doing something which ****s up my connection for a while every few months .

Advertisement