Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gigs on the way

Options
  • 07-11-2005 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

any truely good gigs coming up this nov/dec?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Winter Slide

you know you could check any gig listing. The National play Whelans on the 19th and Wolfparade on the 27th. I only tell you this cos I've already got my tickets. Hahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

If you like your folk rock, Kathleen Edwards in The Village on Thursday 17th Nov.
    She played support to Josh Ritter this time last year and played here last April to great reviews.
    The Ticket wrote:
    a recognisable sound-guitar driven folk rock, imaginative and reflective themes and a very measured, assured voice. Very impressive.
    Hot Press wrote:
    She excels at love songs stitched with drawn-from-life details: copied keys, unanswered phones, the detritus that litters the no man¹s land between men and women. Back To Me groans with sweet-but-embittered songs
    Uncut wrote:
    Edwards can play the aching troubadour and the country heartbreaker as well as rocking every bit as hard as the inimitable (Lucinda) Williams. She's dynamite live too.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Winter Slide

of course you can't really tell if a gig is truely good until its been and gone and thats no good to you is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

biffy clyro - TBMC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Billy Idol on the 9th @ the Point or Prodigy @ the Point on the 17th.

Other than that, I am heading over to Glasgow for Alice Coopernext Saturday, 12th November and than a week later to Nottingham for a Kiss - Expo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Dirty Three and Sigur Rós next week (SR are sold out though). Supersilent in the Sugar Club on the 18th.

Advertisement