Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bell x1's New Album??

Options
  • 07-11-2005 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

What'd Ye all think of Flock, the New Bell x1 Album? I love it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Very excellent. Caught them live on their Irish tour recently and they rocked.

Love rocky took a lover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I've just heard it the once but it sounds very agreeable. Love the first track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bip

Really great, sounds like Paul Noonan had been listening to Joy Division and Talking Heads rather a lot, not a bad thing though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Pitseleh

I don't have the album but I've heard it a fair few times - was never a fan of Bell X1 before, I'd never really heard their stuff and only knew of them through their affiliations with Damien Rice (he was in the band or something?).
    Anyways I'll probably get moself a copy - I partickly like two of the tracks - I don't know the names. One ends up as a kind singalong at the end and t'other has the line "now I don't believe in any other Jesus"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Closing Doors

Fantastic album, Rocky and Flame are great (in fact I just spent all day on the video shoot for Flame :p )

You've gotta love a band that can come up with lyrics like "I don't believe in any old Jesus, if there was a God, then why is my arse the perfect height for kicking!" :D

• Advertisement

Frankly, it's beautiful.

Music in Mouth was beautiful music

this album is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I Agree Rocky Took a Lover is a truely fantastic song, i believe it may be Bell x1's "Run"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

why is the singer so up himself?

He thinks he's awesome. Bet he loves the mirror.

A little bit of cockiness is no harm in music business (but not to much)...all i care about is the music and hes a hugely talented singer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Closing Doors

Maccattack wrote:
    why is the singer so up himself?

What makes you say that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,012 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

great album, great band - cant get enough of the album, makes you wanna listen to their other ones again too

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Absolutely love the album.... Rocky took a Lover is an amazing song and deserves to do really well. I only hope they dont feck it up with a watered down radio edit like they did with eve, the apple of my eye from Music in Mouth. That song should have been their "Run" but all will be right with the world if Rocky takes its place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭arac

I actually heard the acoustic version of Rocky took a lover on the Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show before I heard the radio version and way preferred the former! I don't think Paul Noonan(if that is his name?) is particularly in love with himself either..not compared with the like of Glen Hansard!

What makes you think Glen Hansard loves himself??

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

Steve_o wrote:
    What'd Ye all think of Flock, the New Bell x1 Album? I love it!!!
    It's wonderful. Way better than the 2 previous albums.......i saw them live in sligo last week . . . . EXCELLENT

Advertisement