Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 7 habits of highly effective people

Options
  • 07-11-2005 2:35pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone read this by Stephen Covey?

He breaks behaviour into 7 habits which if practised can bring increased success and happiness.

The first three are "private victories" (which will help you build character to be independent), the second three are "public victories" (which help your character blend with others forming interdependence), and the last one is "sharpen the saw"(practice, new energy & ideas).

Habit 1: Be proactive
    Habit 2: Begin with the end in mind
    Habit 3: Put first things first
    Habit 4: Think win/win
    Habit 5: Seek first to understand, then to be understood
    Habit 6: Synergize
    Habit 7: Sharpen the saw

Currently I'm about 2/3 of the way through the book and on habit 5. It reads very well and I'm wondering if anyone has actually put the exercises he mentions into practice? I think it would take much dedication to do everything in the book, at least a semester or twos worth of college in there. Still, I find it an interesting and insightful read.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PJG

yeah I have read it a few years back. I found it good as far as I can remeber.

If you liked it you could try Anthony Robbins or Robin Sharma (monk who sold his Ferrari).

Advertisement