Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Certification

Options
  • 07-11-2005 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I am think of doing an online course in java i was looking at :Sun courses

I was just wondering has anyone done anything like this and what would be the best one to do ?

I have finished my degree in Software Engineering and i'm looking for a coding job at the moment just looking for something to help me out there and keep me from going rusty.

I have a fairly good grasp of java's basic concepts , havent used J2EE though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I didn't do the course but did get a book and paid for an exam certificate to sit the exam. There are three levels think its something like programmer, developer and expert. Programmer exam is easy enough, just answer multiple choice questions. Developer you got to write programs and developer is about APIs. Not sure about the details you'll find it on the site anyhow.

I got the cert and read the book last year but as yet have not sat the exam. Must set a date and sit it before i forget. You can do the course in one of the examine centers instead of online if you want. Must be a Prometirc Center though. Sorry i haven't been much help, but best of luck with it.

Timeout

Advertisement