Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone confirm that the MTV parody is on the Irish DVD release of Batman Begins??

Options
  • 06-11-2005 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭

Hi just back from spain where I picked up the 2 disc edition of this for 14.99 Euros, but I was dissappointed that disc 1 was missing the MTV parody. When I looked at the spec ed versions in my local xtravision the only xtra listed on disc 1 is the trailer, so can somebody who bought this title from a bricks and morter shop confirm if the MTV parody is on their copy.

Thanks

Snake ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Still haven't got my 'Batman Begins - Region 3' from CDWOW but don't think any of the editions have an MTV Parody on them.

I can't evene remember their being a MTV Parody of 'Batman Begins' - was it on the MTV Movie Awards or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah it was, the presenter is riding along with Batman and at the end he pulls off the batmask to reveal Napolean Dynamite. I get the feeling its not on any Region outside of Region 1, so looks like I'll have to order another copy from the US.

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Found out it's only on the Deluxe Edition of the Region 1.. not the standard edition.

From DVDTalk Review of the Deluxe Edition:
    The difference between the two main editions of this DVD is likely the second DVD, which means, if you pick up the standard DVD, you aren't getting much in terms of extras. "Tankman Begins" is a parody of the film, done for the MTV Movie Awards, which stars Jimmy Fallon. If you didn't see this when it first aired (or the 800 replays), Fallon is inserted into the film and rides alongside Batman in the new Batmobile. It's OK, but it doesn't have a lot of laughs.

Advertisement