Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadtalk local number display

Options
  • 06-11-2005 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

I have subscribed to broadtalk and they have given me a local dublin number. When I call people another number shows up on their phone which has led to confussion. Is this right? People can call me Ok on the number provided though. Also is there no voice mail with Broadtalk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

yep, caller display comes up as one of THEIR numbers. They have been promising me for the last month that they will fix this problem. They state they give caller display on their website. Useless.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I used to experience a similar problem with blueface (I've not used broadtalk yet) every so often I'd phone sombody and a +0044xxx number would show up, I phoned blueface and they fixed it within a few seconds...been fine ever since, thankfully :)

I suppose my only suggestion for broadtalk is phone their support and ask them to fix it, if they say it'll take awhile try get a day/date for when they'll have it fixed so you can phone them again if it has not been resolved past that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Hi

I don't know if this will help, but on a normal eircom line if you dial 141 before the number you are dialling it will not send any caller-id. If broadtalk send through all your digits and they terminate on the eircom network this should work. Though it does depend on their dial plans.

Regards
    Keith

P.S. if you dial 142 on a line that by default sends out "private number" it will display its number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

I emailed an enquiry to broadtalk a good few days ago and have yet to receive a reply. I basically wanted to know if they have the ability to provide regular landline numbers with their service throughout the country or just in dublin ie. In addition to '01-' numbers, 091-, 061, 021, etc.

How big of a deal could it be to answer such an email? In marked contrast to blueface from my experience..

KeithMur wrote:
    Hi

I don't know if this will help, but on a normal eircom line if you dial 141 before the number you are dialling it will not send any caller-id. If broadtalk send through all your digits and they terminate on the eircom network this should work. Though it does depend on their dial plans.

thanks keith but it's the opposite - I want caller display but they currently dont provide it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Sorry to steal the thread but how are people finding broadtalk?

1) They say they offer caller display but don't seem to be able to give it
    2) The X-Lite softphone setup would not work until they emailed a registry fix which when i looked at it included call details from another user
    3) they don't provide setup details for ATA's
    4) Can't set up the ATA properly - only get one way calling
    5) Their website security is lacking - if you go to it and login , then look at the logout option (hover the mouse over it) - it only brings you to the homepage - no secure logout - so simply clicking the back button on internet explorer brings you back to all your account details.
    6) None of these issues with Blueface.

Seems like they haven't got things figured out well yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

well i joined broadtalk as they promised to provide me with a galway number (091) on their pay as you go plan. I ordered an ATA adaptor on the 30th october and topped my account up by €10 on the 30th October.

It took a week for me to get that top up registered so I could use my x lite soft phone on pc.

I had no ATA adaptor until 9th of november. (And this only happened because I kept ringing them every day, They gave me a more expensive one in the end as the cheaper ATA was not in stock)

They never reply to emails, I have given up sending them emails about caller ID and caller ID sending. Caller Id doesn't work on incoming calls via my ATA adaptor and BT cordless phone.

They have given me an 01 number to start off with but then this leads to confussion as another 01 number shows up on recievers caller display. Had a job ordering pizza on friday as 4 star thought I was on a wind up with all these different numbers.

They have promised me by the end of the month all will be working, If it isn't then I will be moving over to blueface (Hopefully I can be given an 091 number by them and I can re configure my ATA)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

snaps wrote:
    They have promised me by the end of the month all will be working, If it isn't then I will be moving over to blueface (Hopefully I can be given an 091 number by them and I can re configure my ATA)
    Blueface were in the process of sorting out numbers for all areas outside of Dublin/01 a few weeks back. I wonder is this sorted now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Broadtalk support sounds quite the opposite to Blueface.

When I got my number ported the 044 number was showing. I E-mail Blueface to ask about this. I was told that this was the port number in the exchange and it would probably be sorted in a few days.

About 10 minutes later I got a mail from Aaron (Blueface) who told me he realised he could change it himself there and then and that he had.

In summary, Broadtalk should be able to this in minutes. Blueface could!

• Advertisement
Advertisement