Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Gigs coming to Limerick

Options
  • 05-11-2005 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Seems to be some good gigs en route to Shannonside. Christy Moore, Starsailor and the Fall are on their way to Limerick, as are Groove Armada and the Zutons. Was in Dolans last night for the Frank and Walters, surely the entire Dolans complex is one of the best outside Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

You say The Fall are playing.. can you give details of when / where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Dunno, I was chatting to a guy at the gig last night but I was pretty drunk at the time. After Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Trouble

Can't find any of the above on the dolans web site gig listings: http://www.dolanspub.com/event.html

For November anyway, could be next month,
    Anyway, anyone know of anything interesting happening weekend of the 11th? I'll be taking a trip down there that weekend and would love to hear if there is anything going on!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

You should come down the next weekend, Bud rising hits town in 2 weeks. Not sure if there'll be much on next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Groove Armada: 18th November, Trinity Rooms

The Zutons/Republic Of loose: 19th November, Dolans Warehouse

Christy Moore and Declan Sinnott: 12th + 13th December in Dolans Warehouse

Starsailor: 17th Decenber, Dolans Warehouse (have my tix already!)

Yes I agree Dolans is one of the best venues in the country, and the bands agree too. It's a breath of fresh air in this city really and we'd be lost without it.

There's rumours on The Fall website about an Irish tour but they've been quashed for the moment

• Advertisement

Looks like i'll be sticking with the usual Limerick routine then! mickey's, costellos etc ....... Would love to see thr Zutons in Limerick......might have to take trip down for that as well.
    I totally agree that dolans is an amazing venue, saw Super F A.s and Spiritualised there, both excellent. Really good atmosphere about the place as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

are tickets on sale for all of them? i might "sail" over to dolan's to get my starsailor ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

gaf1983 wrote:
    are tickets on sale for all of them? i might "sail" over to dolan's to get my starsailor ones.

......... That was just terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

proclaimers coming to dolans in december....nice

Im sorry did I read that right the Proclaimers and nice in the same sentence!!!???!!!! I am remembering why I left limerick in the first place!

• Advertisement

Trouble wrote:
    Im sorry did I read that right the Proclaimers and nice in the same sentence!!!???!!!! I am remembering why I left limerick in the first place!

yeah the proclaimers are gods.

I dont know why you would leave the city because of the proclaimers. they're scottish.

I wasn't actually refering to the Proclaimers as a reason to leave Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭grumpypaddy

Chrity Moore is doing a third night in dolans, tickets are on sale today. also the walls are playing there on friday the 18th!! and we shall all kneel at the altar of the proclaimers on monday the 5th of December!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

^^^^^^^^^^^^?

Where'd you get your info? I went into Dolan's today at lunchtime and was told first that they aren't on sale yet, then that they are sold out.

IceHawk wrote:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^?

Where'd you get your info? I went into Dolan's today at lunchtime and was told first that they aren't on sale yet, then that they are sold out.

was that for christy moore? or the proclaimers?

was on UTV FM that they were playing in december.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 write

For anyone going to Starsailor in dolans , according to mcd.ie this gig is now cancelled ...

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Chieftains in UL this Sunday can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭grumpypaddy

the info about Christy Mooore was from Dolans itself, if you subscribe to their music club you get priority sometimes... and i already have me tickets for the proclaimers for the last two weeks!! they are 25 euros each... sorry if previous post caused any confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Yeah, I thought so. They asked me when I went in if I was a member before they told me they were sold out. Needless to say I'm a member now :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Anyone catch Don Mescall in Dolans the week before last he was excellent definately worth going to if he hits Limerick again

• Advertisement
Advertisement