Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive-in Movies at Phoenix park?

Options
  • 27-11-2004 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone remember the summer when the Phoenix park was turned into a drive in cinema with the help of 2fm and some softdrinks manufacturer? I definetly remember going to see Batman when it was on but unfortunately not much else about the event.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here knew anymore about the particular event eg what films were shown , what year it happened and even screening date if possible etc?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Pigman, I remember that alright. Don't know the exact details but would have been late 80's/early 90's kind of area. I reckon myself it was about 1988-1990 kind of area, roughly.

I don't have any more details but I do remember it alright and the advertising that was around promoting it at the time. It was 2FM who organised it and it may have been 7Up or Pepsi who were one of the sponsors. A friend of mine went and said it turned out to be kinda crap, actually! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

I remember hearing about it. It got blown down with a strong wind if I recall correctly? And it looked (up 'til last year or so) like the frame was left there (not sure bout whether it was actually the frame from the screen tho)

It is what it's.

Advertisement