Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first Ebay Experience buying gadgets

Options
  • 26-11-2004 5:20pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Hello Everybody,

Just a note that for the first time ever i decieded to buy a new phone from Ebay the first phone i bid on i won then i got a mail from ebay to say not to pay so fair enough i dont. The next auction i do i won and after the seller answered my questions i send the money then nothing, my emails are been bounced and communication has stoped. Just people please be careful when you are parting money in search of that next gadget.

Now anybody got a SE V800 3G phone to give me :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

How much feedback (positive and negative) did the seller have?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

new seller and i was a new buyer so all in all bit of a disaster but AIB said i can claim from them if the goods to not arrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Jesus Id stay clear of a new seller, especially for big stuff like this. As for feedback, it's a very flawed system and can't be trusted as it's not accurate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

You know how people sell daft items like their "air guitar" and such... I wonder has anyone tried to sell a gizmo that they just photoshopped into existance?
    The robotic butt-scratcher or something.
    You weren't trying to buy a robotic butt-scratcher were you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Jesus yeah, don't go near new sellers for anything like that. Buyer beware!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

That's really unfortunate ....

Don't let it put you off though - if you stick to people with a high positive rating and no negative feedback - eBay is a great thing ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

A mate of mine was telling me one time(maybe not true)but he said a playstation came up for sale when they first came out and there was a pic of the box etc,and that was the whole con it was just the playstation box and nothing else..So bidders were bidding for a box which they thought was a playstation inside also....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

mad m wrote:
    A mate of mine was telling me one time(maybe not true)but he said a playstation came up for sale when they first came out and there was a pic of the box etc,and that was the whole con it was just the playstation box and nothing else..

woulda been more believable if it was an 'X' box!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

AFAIK it was described as a "Crystal XBox box". Hehe, twas very funny. Last Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Here's what the actual item description said:
    Up for auction is a mint condition, limited edition Xbox box. It has No scuffs or marks and looks rather nice. Use it to impress your friends by making them think you have a spiffing brand new crystal xbox sat at home, or carry it around town in a see through carrier bag to be the envy of geeks everywhere. This is the must have accesory for gamers.
    Not exactly misleading. If I remember correctly, it was the result of a bet between two guys: one said he could sell anything on eBay, and the other guy made the challenge...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

long_b wrote:
    That's really unfortunate ....

Don't let it put you off though - if you stick to people with a high positive rating and no negative feedback - eBay is a great thing ..
    you can get good bargins from neg'ed sellers as no one else will bid on them ... at least that is what I am telling myself having won such an item .. well, done the credit cardd charge back before so it's not such a worrying experience any longer ... ack, I am already regretting it!

Don't bid on sellers with no/negative feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Afaik someone actually paid $150 for it.

I saw a Tesco's Bag For Life awhile ago. Think it went for £15.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The Xbox box person posted on after hours if I remember right.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

well people just got a mail from the seller a week later to say the item has shiped after all today no less. I have ebay and paypal to thank for this they got on the case and froze all the funds that got the guy going so hopefully a V800 on monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Right, going on experience, if the item hasn't arrived before the 28day period after you paid, then get your money back.
    I had a seller suddenly "loose contact" with me and I never recieved my stuff. I hung on for him to get me the Delivery reciept so i could claim off royal mail. low and behold, once the 28day money back period expired I lost all contact with him.

And square trade is ****, all you get to do is remove your feedback.

Advertisement