Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more Oz

Options
  • 26-11-2004 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Oz finished up on TG4 last night :( Last ever episode. Great finale
    Anyone know of any plans to re-run the lot?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Zoton wrote:
    I doubt it given that what you watched was the entire re-run...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

my suggestion is to go out and buy the seasons available - either direct from HBO or from cdwow.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

ixoy wrote:
    I doubt it given that what you watched was the entire re-run...
    Unfortunatley not. Only caught the last 2 series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

those episodes on tg4 were a re-run... as soon as it finished up they showed the whole thing all over again right from season 1...they aired 2 a night. i tried to keep up but it was too late for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Zoton wrote:
    Oz finished up on TG4 last night :( Last ever episode. Great finale

arggggggggghhhh

i missed it

I know what happened coz i read it on some website ages ago but not the same :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

What a show. Great ending lets hope they repeat it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

I loved that show till it finished up. :( Even got the journal of augustus hill, really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

fantastic show, got a bit far from the original idea but still rocked

pity about it endin but at least i got to watch it over again

convinced my gf to get me season 1 on dvd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Poets Rap group released their 3rd album recently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Brillant show , must look up the box series. Is it on any other channel on sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

got this off the Channel 4 website

Oz
    We are hoping to bring series' 5 and 6 of Oz to Channel 4 at some point, but at present we cannot confirm any details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

aww that would be brilliant , oz is a fantastic programme , defo one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Seriously worth staying up on Thursday nights to catch all the re-runs. Pity they ar over but will be getting all the boxsets as soon as I can find enough money down the back of my couch.

Total so far: 3.12!

can you get them in HMV or anywhere , I never saw them and i dont have a credit card to get em online , be a nice christmas present for me to hint about if you can .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Great episode,I think I saw a double bill so the body count had my jaw on the floor,Cyrills death was very sad Keller Shillinger etc. very entertaining .Though I didnt think it was the end. Im mean there was a character or two still breathing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    can you get them in HMV or anywhere , I never saw them and i dont have a credit card to get em online , be a nice christmas present for me to hint about if you can .

Region 1 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

who killed leo? I know i saw it cos i remember him walking through the halls bleeding. Just can't remember :S

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Haven't seen it in ages, I think it was
    your man who used to be prison officer there, but then ended up in jail, can't remember his name - edit Clayton Hughes

[edit]
    No that's wrong, he died in Episode 4 trying to kill Leo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

TIPPTOP wrote:
    got this off the Channel 4 website

Oz
    We are hoping to bring series' 5 and 6 of Oz to Channel 4 at some point, but at present we cannot confirm any details.
    Thats probaly very old E4 showed series 6 so I doubt c4 will now

so is it goina be on any channel now in the foreseeable future>?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Gideon wrote:
    who killed leo? I know i saw it cos i remember him walking through the halls bleeding. Just can't remember :S
    Lionel Kelsch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Well, I'm surprised there wasn't more about this. I thought there were more people following the repeats but I guess not.

SPOILERS FOLLOW

Overall it wasn't a great finale. It didn't leave you with a sense of 'wow' which all great endings should. It felt more like the end of another season rather than the entire series but it was good enough I suppose.

Alvarez's storyline was depressing but realistic I suppose. Frankly, I'm surprised he's even up for parole considering the people he has killed/blinded. Of course, you could take Ruiz' goading of Alvarez to be another test to see if he could control himself or not. Regardless, Miguel is back on the drugs at the end of the episode... poor fella!

Cyril's execution was shocking and horrible... Querns' vomiting was a nice touch! Ryan putting the years of hate behind him and holding his father's hand brought a tear to my eye. Good on ya, Ryan!

Schillinger's death wasn't as earth-shattering as it should have been... though that was probably down to the fact that we knew it was coming. The death of Keller wasn't a huge shock either. At least Beecher got to smile at the end of the episode.

The Busmalis storyline was pointless... they shouldn't even have touched on Busmalis again, except perhaps have him mention his wife/stepdaugher again or whatever. They wasted too much time on a pointless and ineffective story.

It was good to see that Devlin could soon be in Oz himself. The end of the Robson storyline was well handled and brief.

God bless you Oz and your collection of murderers, rapists and psychopaths. Thursday nights won't be the same without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Yeah, I really enjoyed the finale when I saw it first time around. Last time I was in New York (going there again in 8 days!!) there were billboards up for the season finale - shows how popular the show was.

The only bit I didnt like was Ryan holding his Dad's hand. I guess I like my heroes stony faced and bitter. ;) It was a brave step to kill Cyril, but then again, as a show, Oz never pulled any punches.

I agree about Busmalis, he ate up too much airtime while other characters were being killed/in hospital/off screen.

Anybody know where or if one can get the whole show on dVd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

You can buy the first four seasons on Region 1 DVD for about 30 euro each from DVDsoon.com. Pretty pricey for just 8 episodes a season (16 eps in season 4 though).

Im really going to miss Oz. Bar Stargate its the only program I watched each week. I used to get really pissed off if I missed an episode. Its good that they didnt try to ride the shows popularity into the ground in order to make money.

Advertisement