Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrie episode from hell!

Options
  • 24-11-2004 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Well did you see it? By turns exciting then annoying and finally hilarious.
    Brookside would'nt have milked it that much.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I thought when the truck drove into Mya was brilliant... But is she dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the scene where the red car diver teared down the street and into the wall looked so fake it was unreal.

what was with that truck at the end, talk about a crappy ending

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

i thought she was gonna hop outta the car and turn into a terminator or something, twas a wee bit on the cheesy side, still tho, I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Cremo wrote:
    talk about a crappy ending
    Ya, looked like they ran out of ideas and said "Lets get a big truck......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I read on Sky News that when they were filming that scene with Maya driving like a lunatic, that the car went out of control and she nearly ran into the actress who plays Tracy, yer wan had to dive outta the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I have been forced to watch this crap for god knows how long already in my 20 year life and now its getting even more painful.At this point im really wondering if the UN will step in watching "corrie" 5 times in only 3 days has to be construed as torture

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭irishgeo

As for the screaming all the way through. I thought the car was going to blow up. The inory of her burning to death ould have been to much i guess.Shame she didnt get hit by the fire truck.

They all be in rovers for a week drinking now.

Now its on to the build up to Karen cracking up on Christmas Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I missed it... How did it compare to the H&A crash a few weeks back?

God, I feel pathetic for even asking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Why do people here do nothing but complain about stuff? if you dont like it dont watch it simple as. nobody is forcing you to, and all this crap 'the missus made me' grow up your just being pathetic! and if you think you make a better tv show, then go show them how its done!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Zhane wrote:
    Why do people here do nothing but complain about stuff? if you dont like it dont watch it simple as. nobody is forcing you to, and all this crap 'the missus made me' grow up your just being pathetic! and if you think you make a better tv show, then go show them how its done!
    kinda hard not to watch it when the tv is in the same room as the computer.
    if i had the amount of money corrie had i'd make the show 10 times better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Move the TV or the computer then.

The truck running into the car at the end was a bit "convenient."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I thought it was an amibitious storyline that worked in a cheesy but entertaining way. The main problem with it was the WOEFUL acting by Sunita & Dev-- the drama hinged on them, and they just plain sucked!

Sunita wailed non-stop since Maya came along on Monday night, and Dev was hilariously terrible with his 'shell shocked' behaviour...and that final "NOOOOOOO!" when he thought Sunita died in the explosion, I felt so embarassed for him and bad for the writers because he utterly failed to convey any sort of believable emotion throughout the whole storyline.

On the other side of things, I think the actress playing Maya was right on the money with her crazy "Her over ME!" attitude, and the expression on her face when she sat in her car watching the chaos on the street was perfect. I felt her ANGER when both Dev & Sunita survived hehe. Wish she'd knocked at least one Corrie resident over before she crashed (rather lamely).

Did anyone notice the awful continuity on Monday night, with Dev's disappearing car @ the first explosion? He parked it just down from the shop, but it was absent in the wideshots of the explosion, and when it finally reappeared it didn't have a scratch on it, nor were the windows blown out. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I thought the whole 3 episodes were really good - except for the ending where Maya drove into the wall (or shop) and then the truck hit her, I thought it would have been better to just have her escape for a while so that Sinita could keep on worrying that she'd be back fro her.

Excellent acting from Dev and Maya though - great nights viewing!!

TCamen wrote:
    Sunita wailed non-stop since Maya came along on Monday night :rolleyes:

I thought she's never shut up! It must have been so boring for her - imagine the amount of takes they would have done for it, and all Sunita had to do was sit there taped up wail all the way through it =)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Zhane wrote:

Why do people here do nothing but complain about people complaining. If you don't like it, don't read it...simple as. Nobody is forcing you to, and all this crap "the missus made me"...grow up, you're just being pathetic! And if you think you can make a better boards post, then go show them how its done!

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander and all that... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I thought it was a big over the top but good all the same, no Alan Bradley dying mind you but anyway. Sunitas wailing was just too annoying for words though, that and the ever increasing (it seems) size of her honker !!!! :D

BolBill wrote:
    Sunitas wailing was just too annoying for words though, that and the ever increasing (it seems) size of her honker !!!! :D

She's like Gonzo from Fraggle Rock =)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Cremo wrote:
    kinda hard not to watch it when the tv is in the same room as the computer.

Headphones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

I thought the scene was brilliant....haven't laughed that much at a Corrie episode in a long while!
    The garbage truck running into her was totally unexpected if not a slight bit unbelievable (like why was he goin that speed down a narrow street! And did someone not tell him that the middle pedal is a brake?)
    Also loved Vera's reaction!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

If they had changed it into Kevin Webster ramming her on purpose with his recovery truck the ending would have been more believeable.

Also, Dev's dissapearing car at the first explosion was so obvious. Thought Dev's acting throughout was very unrealistic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The big question "Is maya dead?" remains to be answered. I hope she is still alive to face the lynch mob headed by Jack Duckworth:)

The burning question (pardon the pun) is why didn't dev get the cops when he knew sunita was being held hostage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Yeah Sunitas whingeing was getting a wee bit annoying, but i thought it was quite good overall.

But why did the 2 of them just stand in the middle of the street screaming when maya was about to come at them? Just before she was hit by the truck i mean........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Bond-007 wrote:
    The big question "Is maya dead?" he knew sunita was

would be funny if they went over 2 the car and she was gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Fr Dougal wrote:
    Also, Dev's dissapearing car at the first explosion was so obvious. Thought Dev's acting throughout was very unrealistic.
    Yeh we noticed that aswell :rolleyes:
    I hate Dev, why does he need to shout all the time! really irritates me!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

She's like Gonzo from Fraggle Rock =)
    Gonzo was in The Muppet Show.

I missed the Monday's and last night's shows... :( I've been looking forward to seeing Mya getting her come-uppance.
    Gotta remember to to watch the omnibus on TV3 on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Astro1996

After the first explosion, when Dev wakes up on the ground, it was hilarious. I nearly **** myself laughing. It was one of those, "what the hell was that!" moments, kinda like a bad bowel movement! :D He cant act for nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Astro1996 wrote:
    After the first explosion, when Dev wakes up on the ground, it was hilarious. I nearly **** myself laughing. It was one of those, "what the hell was that!" moments, kinda like a bad bowel movement! :D He cant act for nuts.
    Yep, and hes in bad need of some elocution lessons or maybe some electrocution lessons ( with that guy from lethal weapon Mr Endo)
    Now id pay to see that episode.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Cremo wrote:
    the scene where the red car diver teared down the street and into the wall looked so fake it was unreal.

what was with that truck at the end, talk about a crappy ending
    No way I thought the truck was f*ckin brilliant!!! I thought the car'd explode or something! Butjust out of curiosity, what would all of ye have happen instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Why do people here do nothing but complain about people complaining. If you don't like it, don't read it...simple as. Nobody is forcing you to, and all this crap "the missus made me"...grow up, you're just being pathetic! And if you think you can make a better boards post, then go show them how its done!

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander and all that... ;)
    Why do people here do nothing but complain about people complaining about people complaining. If you don't like it, don't read it...simple as. Nobody is forcing you to, and all this crap "the missus made me"...grow up, you're just being pathetic! And if you think you can make a better boards complaining post, then go show them how its done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Saw this repeated on TV3 a few minutes ago.

Now, I normally never watch Coronation Street. (In fact, last time I saw it properly was that mad guy who tried to kill them all in the canal last year, and before that, when Deirdre was going out with this guy who pretended he was a pilot, but was really
    working at a tie shop at the airport...!) Anyway, this Mad Maya business was the funniest thing I have seen on TV in ages.

Sunita was whining like a cat the whole way through - I would have killed her much sooner myself for not shutting the hell up! It was way over-the-top. What's with that truck at the end?! Too convenient, too stupid!

When this guy suggested that there was smoke coming from the shop (it was billowing out), Rita's reply was the hilarious, "Oh, my, I think you're right..." Sally's search for her missing daughter was pretty bad too - "Oh, *there* you are...!!!" when they pulled up.

The final minutes of rescue had Sunita do the cat thing again, only for Maya to realise her plan had been foiled and then cause yet more anguished cat wailing in her final attempt to kill them off.

Why didn't the gas put Sunita unconscious long before the rescue? Why didn't that building blow up much earlier if the gas had been on for ages? Why did I waste half an hour watching this?

I hope the producers of the Street don't think it was great drama - I literally nearly died laughing!

Advertisement