Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Afternoon Show

Options
  • 24-11-2004 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Bring back Marty and Mary!!!! Is the Afternoon Show the worst ever?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

It got the piss ripped out of it on Monday night on the Blizzard of Odd-very funny.Mary,mary and mary!lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

It is the worst show ever, Sheana's D4 accent wrecks my head and Blaithnaid looks like a granny they should put her in a shawl and sit her by the fire....

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I saw this in a waiting room the other day (honestly, I did). There was a lady wearing gold glittery eyeshadow on, giving make up tips. I don't happen to think she was qualified. As for the hosts.. Anna Nolan is nice to look at but the other two are wretched! Gift Grub did a good sketch about the show on Monday morning... any of you hear it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

I catch this at work sometimes when I'm bored. Agree it started off very badly, but it's kind of grown on me over the past few weeks. While the unholy trinity can be pretty annoying at times, they do have a good chemistry together and have actually made me laugh out loud a few times with their inane banter. (Particularly recently when they were talking about superstitions - was quite funny.)

Still, though, this show's target audience is young women, most of whom are at work or not watching TV this time of day. Mary & Marty and Open House were targetted at an older audience, and were a hit among the elderly. It was wrong of RTE to ignore these facts and go for the yoof factor without checking to see if any of them would actually be home to tune in.

Advertisement