Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The High Stool

Options
  • 11-11-2004 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

that place is full of **** :eek:
    it smells like butterboxes :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

O'B wrote:
    that place is full of **** :eek:
    it smells like butterboxes :o

at the moment there doing the stool up...i think there even starting to have playstation nights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Is this like a LAN where you bring your own playstation or have they got some set up where people can play playstation games in the pub.

Im not sure...a message was left on the amc guestbook about it...there also looking for suggestions etc on how to change the pub. I think it was taken over...not exactly sure.

considering the last time i was in it one of the bands that were on stage a member of the band wanted to go down to the bar and break someone up because they said they were crap, only suggestion i could think of would be to close it down and burn it to the ground.

The place was dark, filthy and closing time was a concept alien to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I used to be a regular. I liked the place. I haven't been in it for a good few months now though.

• Advertisement

i love the high stool. its dark because its supposed to give the rock impression. The drawings on the doors and walls are preety amazing. They give great opportunities to young bands starting out, they have bands come from all over the world. they have now got brilliant light and smoke effects, the stage for bands are alot bigger. So far i have no complaints....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Yeah, I'm also a fan of the place. Even if there isn't a band playing, the music is always good, compared to that dance music rubbish they play almost everywhere else. And the crowd it has is good too, everybody is pretty sound. And they sure do keep it open late!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

and whats the problem? to quote karl from the simpsons,
    "Yeah, but the dank, Moe. The dank!"

I'm not a huge high stool fan, mostly due to some of the clientele, but at least its not another ****ing mollys/mcdaids/charlies/clougheseys generic rugby jock ****hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

it used a be deadly , where i met my bf over two years ago and were still together , used a be great when they had the pool table and stayed open all night
    last time i was in there tho they hunted us out around half twelve or something , how is it these days>?used be a great metal pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

considering the last time i was in it one of the bands that were on stage a member of the band wanted to go down to the bar and break someone up because they said they were crap, only suggestion i could think of would be to close it down and burn it to the ground.

isnt freedom of speech a good thing?

and is it bad that a place should challenge the licencing laws and stay open an extra half hour???

• Advertisement

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    it used a be deadly , where i met my bf over two years ago and were still together , used a be great when they had the pool table and stayed open all night
    last time i was in there tho they hunted us out around half twelve or something , how is it these days>?used be a great metal pub

You still get a mixture of people in there now. But everyone really sound. It all depends if bands are playing etc.

Last Sat all pints were 3 euros and bottles only 4, so i cant complain.

nice one , how are they on closing hours now ?

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    nice one , how are they on closing hours now ?

my boyfriend plays in a band and regularly plays there, the main bands dont go on until 11.30, but i think it closes around 2.00 there abouts.

ah thats not too bad , mus head in some night be like the good old days :) , no flippin metal pubs of any description around waterford

moshpit77 wrote:
    isnt freedom of speech a good thing?

and is it bad that a place should challenge the licencing laws and stay open an extra half hour???

actually they were up before the district court earlier this year for staying open until after 4am.

ha deadly , thats the way pubs should be , open all night :)

Muoahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

actually, there was a great gig there sat night, roper and psyatica were playing
    some excellent stuff by the two of them
    the place is pretty cool, there was a bit of a smell alright though

• Registered Users Posts: 7 beedge

Fair enough its not everyones cup of tea, but then again no place is....

Pints are €3 bottles are 4, the music venue part is being done up and relaunched in the new year, and its the only decent late bar in Limerick...

If you dont like it, f**k off to Daffys!

http://thehighstool.ie

beedge

thanks for the Link. I will add that to the resources sticky for the future reference of the boards users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

the high stool used to be a great ol place, it was a little like my cheers (where everyone knew my name etcetc)
    it was the only place we could go for a decently priced pint and some good music, and a lot of the time we got good live music. now that it has gone crap, theres very few poeple there, there's very few places like it in limerick, and to a lot of people it will be missed, and the people that wont miss it, probably didnt fit in there at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Sheol

beedge wrote:
    Fair enough its not everyones cup of tea, but then again no place is....

Pints are €3 bottles are 4, the music venue part is being done up and relaunched in the new year, and its the only decent late bar in Limerick...

If you dont like it, f**k off to Daffys!

*hrhr* right on! love da stool!

Advertisement