Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cylons...

Options
  • 22-11-2004 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Which and why? :)

The Cylons run on... 23 votes

...Windows
    0% 0 votes
    ....Linux
    39% 9 votes
    ....Ms Dos
    60% 14 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Jebus Fenster.. you're getting a tad desperate there aren't ye? :p

c0y0te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Eh? Its a question that needs asking. After all, when homeware applicances come alive and massacre billions, its either from a trojan due to sploppy coding (in which case a script kiddie was responsible...), ie windows, or that it was run on Linux and the Cylons recompiled their kernel to include "mass murder." :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

maybe they're macs

They'd be into drinking expensive coffee and smoking some vile brand of cigarettes while trying to argue us to death in that case. Wouldn't really work out on screen... :|

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Tough Call:
    Seeking Galactic Dominition by shear weight of Numbers - Windows
    Relgious Zealots seeking to eliminate does deemed unworthy - Linux

Myself I reckon they use the same OS as those in Indepence Day. All the Colonial fleet need is to reach Earth to get a Mac notebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Why was there no option for MS-Dos?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

1002 votes for ms-dos..
    hmmm..curious..
    with 86 views :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

1002 votes for ms-dos..
    hmmm..curious..
    with 86 views :confused:
    Someone really really likes screwing up BSG polls! Looks like we'll need to do more public votes here...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

yUp. ^^. .

it Has to be linux..
    Comes in so many stylish, sexy forms ;)

Alright fine I'll remove the 1000 votes I'm allowed cast to make it fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

What's the point in having god-like powers if you can't impress the natives with the odd fireworks display every now and then? :p

c0y0te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Cylons = Evil Empire
    Microsoft = Evil Empire

So it has to be Windows, since presumably the original Cylons ran on MS DOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

I've had many a sleepless night, I've pondered this very question for the last 12 years and I have to say I still have not reached a decision yet.

I think when this poll closes a lot of lives will be affected for years to come!

I think when this poll closes a lot of lives will be affected for years to come!

Regardless of the results of the poll, we still will not know what they actually run on, unless we capture one and interrogate it.

I as head moderator of the Battlestar Galactica, will be interrogating six. c0y0te, if he can catch one, will be interrogating one of the metal cylons. We’ll have our answers soon enough.

Stay tuned to this channel,

Kind regards,

Praetorian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bill Gates

The cylons are not running on a Microsoft based operating system.

Unfortunately, our negotiations with the cylons broke down after the first day. They say they weren’t confident that we could provide a reliable solution for their army!

I’m going to sue them, for hurting my feelings.

Bill Gates

You're all insane and trying to steal my magic bag!

You're all insane and trying to steal my magic bag!

Au contraire mon ami!

Praetorian wrote:
    Regardless of the results of the poll, we still will not know what they actually run on, unless we capture one and interrogate it.

I as head moderator of the Battlestar Galactica, will be interrogating six. c0y0te, if he can catch one, will be interrogating one of the metal cylons. We’ll have our answers soon enough.

Stay tuned to this channel,

Kind regards,

Praetorian

Tell him to pack a can opener, a boot disk and a change of pants. He'll understand when it happens.

:p

Good thinking batman!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Remember the emotion engine in the PS2. It wasn't a load of BS by Sony. They just decided not to use it for games. They want to make the PS brand an entertainment control centre. Then it will control all your hosehold chores. Then they will call it the cyclon. Then we are all doomed.

A leprachaun told me this.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

why their running windows of course! how do you think they screw up and stun the human ships they just upload their version of windows to them :)

hal9000 wrote:
    why their running windows of course! how do you think they screw up and stun the human ships they just upload their version of windows to them :)

Virus scan.....windows found: Remove it?(Y/Y)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Red screen of death anyone? :D

Advertisement