Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanderly Wagon.- The Concept!!

Options
  • 22-11-2004 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

The concept
    The wagon in question could travel through space and time battling various evil creatures (most of whom had Irish accents as it turned out, although if the character were reaaaaaaaaaaally evil they would have an English accent). For all intents and purposes, this little piece of genius was RTE's answer to Doctor Who and his Tardis, in so far as it could travel through space and time and was nine million times bigger on the inside than it was on the outside.

Borrowing from Doctor Who's exceptionally dodgy costume rack was also not unknown. Indeed, Forty-Coats's costume bore a striking resemblance to Tom Baker's Doctor Who outfit. It only served to highlight the gulf in production values between the two broadcasters.

Why Don't we start a 40 Coats thread, slightly Bonkers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm going to watch some telly for the next few hours, when I get back this thread and this forum shall NOT be here*

Mike.

*please God let this be a strange waking dream :confused:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

TIPPTOP wrote:
    The concept
    The wagon in question could travel through space and time battling various evil creatures (most of whom had Irish accents as it turned out, although if the character were reaaaaaaaaaaally evil they would have an English accent). For all intents and purposes, this little piece of genius was RTE's answer to Doctor Who and his Tardis, in so far as it could travel through space and time and was nine million times bigger on the inside than it was on the outside.

Indeed it was, but I cant see how WW was more science fiction than childrens fantasy.

This link seems to run on a similar topic... care to discuss your virtually identical views ? http://www.ivenus.com/therightstuff/features/File_77020000927140438.asp
    Why Don't we start a 40 Coats thread, slightly Bonkers

Absolutley. WW's greatest (well, only) spin-off. So Far So Good. :) And I wont hear a bad word against WW or Fortycoats, Mike!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I for one support this board, and possible a second Fortycoats-only board!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

I remember way back ... perhaps 1968/9??

My older brothers wanted to watch Dr. WHo but I found it too scary and wanted WW. They were both on about 17:30 on a Saturday.

For those interested, Eugene Lambert (the "brains" behind WW) still presents puppet shows in Monsktown, Dublin. "Judge" and Mr. Crow usually make an appearance much to the delight of the parents. The kids don't know what all the fuss is about.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

LOL
    I cannot believe there is a forum for WW :D
    I watched it religiously as a kid
    sissssneaky snake was my fav!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

WELL HE SURE SHOWED ME. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

WELL HE SURE SHOWED ME. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

as I have said more than once on boards

THINK BEFORE YOU POST! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

i know what I'll do that will make em all happy

oh what next a bloody simpsons forum? ;)

Advertisement