Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthony Beevors Books

Options
  • 22-11-2004 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

I've read 3 of Beevors books, Stalingrad, Berlin the downfall and The Spanish Civil war. The first 2 are excellent, a better History book I have not read. Reveals the horrors of the second World War in all its gory detail from the top echelons of command to the hoplessness of the soldier at the front. And gives great insights into the motivations and fears of Soldiers on all sides and how they viewed their own situations and their commanders and leaders.

However the Spanish civil war book was not as good a read, it is written earlier and I suspect Beevors style developed to what it is now over the course of writting the numerous WW2 books that he has.

My point being that I would not read many more of his books in the Spanish civil war style but would happily read any written as well as the other 2, so has anyone read his other works and can they comment on them for my benefit.

Thanking you
    K

Advertisement