Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 5:15 am Cork - Heuston Train (arr. 08:40)

Options
  • 22-11-2004 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the 5:15am Cork - Heuston train (departing Portlaoise 07:25, Portarlington 07:37, Kildare 07:52, Newbridge 08:00) and suppose to arrive in Heuston at 08:40 generally runs on time or is it one of those which runs late daily.

Need to be in the city centre at 9am. I know it's (very) risky but it would save me a lot of hassle not having to go the night before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

embraer170 wrote:
    Anyone know if the 5:15am Cork - Heuston train (departing Portlaoise 07:25, Portarlington 07:37, Kildare 07:52, Newbridge 08:00) and suppose to arrive in Heuston at 08:40 generally runs on time or is it one of those which runs late daily.

Need to be in the city centre at 9am. I know it's (very) risky but it would save me a lot of hassle not having to go the night before.

The train is generally on time, but you're chancing being in the city-centre at 9am with the Luas timetable at the moment.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

gomb&#237 wrote: »
    The train is generally on time, but you're chancing being in the city-centre at 9am with the Luas timetable at the moment.

Regards.

If it is on time you could walk to the city centre in 20 minutes.

That train has a lot of slack so it should generally be good for timekeeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

That service is one of the best timekeepers on the entire Intercity network. Often arrives 10 or maybe even 15 mins early into Heuston if it gets a good run in past Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

I get this train regularly and it generally gets in at around 8:30 and sometimes a little earlier but then again like all trains it can be late.
    I defintely find it one of the most punctual trains on the network though!!
    Forget about the Luas in the morning.Depending on where you are you may be better walking(c. 20 mins to Spire for example)

• Advertisement
Advertisement