Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer society?

Options
  • 22-11-2004 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭

is there any sort of computer society/game society in the dcu that plays games...
    e.g. counter strike or quake3 or something like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

There's a game society who have LANs and tournaments and stuff.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Redbrick is the computing society
    GamesSoc is the gaming society.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

trials for dcu cs team are this thursday. games.redbrick.dcu.ie for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

It Carlow CompSoc Here.
    Any chance ye want to try to get a game of counter strike going?? Us Vs You?
    Or any other game for that matter....
    I know it might not be possible on either ends of the wire CSD wise, but it could be worth a try....

sure, a lot of the people with a good chance of making the team are able to play cs online. Pm me after thursday when the team is decided on and we'll take ye on :)

• Advertisement

good good, so we have found competitors :D
    It tallaght could also be interested in a College Vs College game.
    I have to draw up plans for this event before i talk to computing services though. I presume ye also have to do the same to be able to host/join an external game???

our team will almost definitely be able to play online at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

stevenk wrote:
    I have to draw up plans for this event before i talk to computing services though. I presume ye also have to do the same to be able to host/join an external game???
    we have access to cs servers from dcu. some of our players will play from home though.

i can provide the server for a match between dcu and carlow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

If anyone wants an intervarsity match against the new CS team (which has yet to be picked) you need to mail games@redbrick.dcu.ie :) Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Can I join the cs team (if I'm chosen) even though i never joined the gaming society. If not is it still possible to join, I couldn't find you's on clubs-n-socs day.
    Richy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

-oRnein9- wrote:
    Can I join the cs team (if I'm chosen) even though i never joined the gaming society. If not is it still possible to join, I couldn't find you's on clubs-n-socs day.
    Richy.

Check games.redbrick.dcu.ie/forums and go to the Lab on Thursday night. you can sign up on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Sound no bother
    i'll be there

The CS Teams have been picked and the forum relating to everything to do with them is here.

Clicky for more info.
    If you want to challenge us to a match mail games@redbrick.dcu.ie

still trying to work out stuff with our compsoc for a team
    were pretty crap by the way :D
    just want to try to get some fun going for the society, even if we get our asses kicked :D
    also still have to talk to computer services about getting firewall access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 helpdogscat

I've seen those CSD guys play, they are way BAD, they practice by themselves, each guy against 10 bots on the highest skill setting and they always win :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I've heard they eat polygons for breakfast...

>_>

<_<

Funny. I heard they cancelled Lab Gaming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭cr

stevenk wrote:
    as an inside man at it tallaght, I can say we are definatly interested in an inter college game-a-mo-jig!
    we have set our gaming a bit late in the year so we will probably have to practice a bit first so we know what our players are like!

Advertisement