Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City spin off

Options
  • 21-11-2004 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

So christmas a year or to ago Yvonne takes an overdose goes to hospital and we get the back story for a group of characters who we've never seen before and care even less about.

The vast majority reappear in the "critically acclaimed" series the clinic.(saw one episode and there was a lot of familiar faces)

Now tonight I turn on the tv and see a load of randomers that have never been on the show before talking about stuff that has little to no corollation with carraigstown. And it got me thinking will there be a new drama coming out soon revolving around the lives of these people.

So does it annoy any of the regular viewers that this story will probably be ignored in future episodes and has no real place in the whole carraigstown scheme of things. Or would you prefer if they did it more often and reduced the amount of crap tv made (i.e. Big Bow Wow)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

they should do... Bella Doyle: the LAPD years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The vast majority reappear in the "critically acclaimed" series the clinic.(saw one episode and there was a lot of familiar faces)

No The Clinic is not a spin off to Fair City, don't think anyone in the hospital episodes of fair city are in The Clinic and I did watch those episode. But I will agree with you that there are very familiar faces on The Clinic, some from glenroe none from Fair City.

As for the "critically acclaimed" well I like it, its a bit slow could go alot faster, but it is well produced and well directed. I felt the first series was better then the current one.

As for Fair City Spinning out of control, well its fair city and i don't watch it or any other soap for that matter. God saw Coro st today how bad is that getting.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

as bas as Corry/Eastenders etc are getting, they're still miles ahead of Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

LFCFan wrote:
    as bas as Corry/Eastenders etc are getting, they're still miles ahead of Fair City.
    In terms of their crapness

Or perhaps claiming corrie / eastenders are superior examples of real life based drama that must encompass: murder, framings, jealous spats, domestic violence, dodgy dealings, nosey old bags, prodigal sons and daughters, car crashes, kidnappings, trysts, drug taking, law breaking, cheatings, beatings, muggings, and stealings.

Fupping hell I'd live in the hoodiest hood in LA before Weatherfield or Albert Square.

I prefer my melodrama and life commentary in cartoon form...! Now spongebob is on.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

all soaps suck ass!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

They spun off into a school last year, and was worst than the worst of Biker Grove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

yea its so weird like , i missed it a few nights and i was like jesus how long was i away from tele for because i never saw any of these lads before , was kinda freaked out when i seen it.its crap anyway

Advertisement