Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlestar Galactica

Options
  • 21-11-2004 1:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I just opened up Battlestar Galactica S1 E1 there and it starts with "Previously on Battlestar Galactica". What's the deal with that, are they referring to the movie or a pilot or what?

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Old or new series?
    Old series is set after the old movie (afaik) whereas the new series is set after a two part miniseries that aired last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

New series, ta.

[EDIT]Don't ask looking for torrents please[/EDIT]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

What is this new series like? I don't watch tv much, but I have seen the adds on Sky One about it. It looks cheesy in a way.

I remember the original series, and I loved that, and Buck Rogers. And the original theme tunes...

:)

Seanie.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Seanie M wrote:
    What is this new series like? I don't watch tv much, but I have seen the adds on Sky One about it. It looks cheesy in a way.
    It's extrememly non-cheesy. Very gritty for a sci-fi and also very good. It's intelligent and doesn't insult the viewer. Definetely worth seeing although we're 5/13ths of the way into the show now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I wasn't going to bother with it but the sister reckoned it was pretty good, so I said I'd give it a go. However I can't jump into a series half way through, just doesn't feel right, I have to start at the beginning[1]. Luckily somebody's going to sort me out with the miniseries, so ta v much to them.

adam

[1] It's killing me that Farscape is/was on Sci-Fi but I couldn't watch it for the same reason. Gonna buy the DVD sets at enormous expense instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I am watching it and it's ok but compared to the original it Sucks. You have to try and distance yourself from the original and take it on it's own merits and although a bit slow at times it's very watchable. The 2 main characters (Apollo and Starbuck) are not a patch on the original characters (especially as Starbuck is now a woman and almost Married Apollos now dead brother). I think it's lacking a bit of humour and tbh, I'm finding it very hard to like any of the characters. The special effects and Cylons are cool though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

It's not meant to be funny, or as campy as the original, it's meant to be gritty and realistic where possible.

tis a new show, with new characters and a new twist on an old story - so stick with it. Judge it on its own merits and the universe it has created rather than the original and I think you will grow to like it.

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I know some people that didn't like the miniseries but now love the new series, so give it a chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I think the real test will be the remakes of the original episodes-"The Hand of God" and "Kobol's Last Gleaming"-later in the series.

"The Gun on Ice Planet Zero" also practically begs for a remake if Galactica ever gets to season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Am really enjoying the new series of galactica-hope it doesnt get cancelled!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I personally think the old series has aged/worn very badly. I'm really enjoying the new series, hope it doesn't get cancelled either :)

Advertisement