Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dodgy Credit Card Happenings

Options
  • 19-11-2004 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Few dodgy charges on my card this month that coincide with dates I was putting cash into my VC account. You may want to check your statements. Both "internet registration" charges, two titled "DOT*DOMAINREGISTRATION 360-253-2210 US" and one named "CHECKANDBILL 0500093 33 MERIGNAC FR" totalling around $100. Card services have credited my account but it seems dodgy to me. Keep a close eye out.

Any of you techy dudes care to speculate as to what may have caused such an occourance? Currently running Avast antivirus on XP, it occasionaly finds trojans and viruses and the like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I had a similar problem last month - a small charge (less than a euro) on my card from some online store selling fabric through yahoo.com - card had to be cancelled and a new one issued. They usually put a small charge through first to see if it works, then whack through something far bigger later.

At the time I put it down to having used it in a hotel in Barcelona and the details had been swiped from there, perhaps not though...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

At a guess the CheckAndBill comes from France. Sounds like someone's been playing silly buggers with your card but it might not necessarily be your fault at all... they may just have used your number randomly (there are programs to create proper checksummed CC numbers).

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DEFINEPTS

I took out a domain name maybe two years ago now. I never used it, but when I went to cancel deductions from my credit card, I couldn't remember the domain name. Despite contacting them online, two years later there are two payments deducted from my credit card every month totalling $19.90. Details are given as DOT*DOMAIN REGISTRATION 360-253-2210. I've searched some American sites and this number has been queried by many users. Any suggestions on how to cancel this deduction??? Please....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

DEFINEPTS wrote: »
    I took out a domain name maybe two years ago now. I never used it, but when I went to cancel deductions from my credit card, I couldn't remember the domain name. Despite contacting them online, two years later there are two payments deducted from my credit card every month totalling $19.90. Details are given as DOT*DOMAIN REGISTRATION 360-253-2210. I've searched some American sites and this number has been queried by many users. Any suggestions on how to cancel this deduction??? Please....
    Lol Cork people!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Annual charges of just under $240 is more than enough reason to get a new card issued.

I think there are websites that allow you to check which site registered a domain. Google "whois" and go to the domain check site, probably first site and search for your domain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement