Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Do) Nivea People (dream of electric shampoo?)

Options
  • 18-11-2004 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

The people in Nivea ads look different from normal humans - there's something about the way they are filmed that makes them all look like the genetically engineered creations of some NeoNazi megalomaniac (even the ones with dark skin). I suppose it's some sort of attempt at creating brand identity but I, for one, find them very creepy. Anyone agree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think so - they're probably all air-brushed or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Hmmm, a quick visit to http://www.nivea.co.uk/frameset.php would seem to reinforce your point.

Speaking of air-brushing, Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore were on the cover of Xtravision Mag for some doubtless crap film, and it was so airbrushed that it looked more like a painting than a photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I heartilly endorse this event or product.

Is there anything worse than the plastic people with crap dubbing though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I think so - they're probably all air-brushed or something.

Its a marketing brainwashing execercise, most people know their skin could never look like that, even the actors on the ads skin dosnt look like that...its all camera trickery BUT!...they have to make their models skin/hair etc look better then their rivals products would because when it comes to you in the supermarket holding two rival products(say shampoo) its more likely the ad with the most colour, glitter and sparkle will sway your decision and the chances are you wont even know it until you see the ad again after your purchase.....

Its all subliminal baby...!

Advertisement