Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Away

Options
  • 18-11-2004 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

I have been watching home and away for as long as i can remeber. pippa, tom, alf, ailsa, ruth and sophie. i remeber when sally was a little nipper and shane and thug was the most evil man in the world.

its been around for years, long long bloddy years. whats everyones best memories and worst of this show.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hey, check out the thread here where many of us ended up discussing Home and Away highlights from years gone by. Personally Bobby in the fridge is my fave...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Best memories is that i used to like it when i was a kid!

Worst memeries is that i still bloody watch the thing now! :mad: tis a bloody addiction!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

i used to watch it when i was a wee nipper too but its not the same show now anymore...
    i heard that the show went belly up a couple of years ago and so they couldnt keep on most of the main characters, thats why the new characters are always comming and going like the feckin tide!!!!

shannon...oh baby xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

Yea used to watch it myself starting back in the early 90's havent really watched it now in about 7 years I think !

Anyone remember Joey Rainbow ? Think he turned schizo and started getting really wierd at one stage. This was around the time his father (Saul I think ??) kidnapped Celina - did he want her to father his child or something ?

I certainly remember Shannon as well .. and Sophie and Chloe, wasnt there a blonde teacher at one stage - maybe another Fisher relative ? Think she was goin out with Travis as well.

The amount of "blow-ins" just gets too much though, anyone remember Sons and Daughters - people in that show had a habbit of packing their bags and arriving unannounced at somebody else's house, always seemed to stay as long as they wanted, before packing up and moving off to stay with somebody else.
    Suppose they need to restock the population now and again though with the amount of people that have been killed over the years !

Ah well here's to Summer Bay - the murder\accident\amnesia\insanity capital of the world !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Abdiel wrote:
    Yea used to watch it myself starting back in the early 90's havent really watched it now in about 7 years I think !

Anyone remember Joey Rainbow ? Think he turned schizo and started getting really wierd at one stage. This was around the time his father (Saul I think ??) kidnapped Celina - did he want her to father his child or something ?

I certainly remember Shannon as well .. and Sophie and Chloe, wasnt there a blonde teacher at one stage - maybe another Fisher relative ? Think she was goin out with Travis as well.

I remember that Joey guy, he was really annoying with dark hair and a big nose! I remember Chloe who was going out with Jack, then the blond guy, then Lachie- the gorgeous doctor who somehow ended up in a wheelchair and left with his crazy mother. The amount of people who end up in wheelchairs is unbelievable- poor Seb and Nick (though Nick was cured).
    It was a great show in the early years- Sally had an invisible friend Milko and Lance and Martin lived at the caravan park, Tom and Pippa fostered every troublesome teenager in the area and Bobby and Alfs illigitimate daughter Ruth were fighting over yet another forster teen Frank. Let's not forget Pippas 2nd husband Michael drowning in a flash flood, Blakes girlfriend Meg dying from leukemia and Shane dying in the huge forest fire that burned down his house! Drama capital of the world!!
    Ah the memories!! :o

• Advertisement

Kalina wrote:
    I remember that Joey guy, he was really annoying with dark hair and a big nose! I remember Chloe who was going out with Jack, then the blond guy, then Lachie- the gorgeous doctor who somehow ended up in a wheelchair and left with his crazy mother. The amount of people who end up in wheelchairs is unbelievable- poor Seb and Nick (though Nick was cured).
    It was a great show in the early years- Sally had an invisible friend Milko and Lance and Martin lived at the caravan park, Tom and Pippa fostered every troublesome teenager in the area and Bobby and Alfs illigitimate daughter Ruth were fighting over yet another forster teen Frank. Let's not forget Pippas 2nd husband Michael drowning in a flash flood, Blakes girlfriend Meg dying from leukemia and Shane dying in the huge forest fire that burned down his house! Drama capital of the world!!
    Ah the memories!! :o

Now all they seem to do is hang around the gym/surf club and eat veggie burgers, we want death and carnage please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

Wasnt there a Somalian girl at one stage dating Blake I think it was ? She escaped Somalia, I think having had most of her family killed and stuff, to settle in Summer Bay only to die a few years later when she fell off a cliff !! bummer !

Abdiel wrote:
    Wasnt there a Somalian girl at one stage dating Blake I think it was ? She escaped Somalia, I think having had most of her family killed and stuff, to settle in Summer Bay only to die a few years later when she fell off a cliff !! bummer !

thats really weird, i was just thinking about that very episode...she fell off the cliff and then came some top notch acting, not only had she managed not to get one scrape on her, the boyfriend nearly could of caught her he got down so fast but the real tearjerk moment was when he had her in his arms and she uttered her final words..."funny, it dosnt even hurt" *croaks it*...kleenex all round....standing ovation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I remember (amarcord!):

"Dodge ya gutless wonder"

Saul's evil cult (he looked very like Osama bin Laden iirc - OMG! Home and Away! It's an Al-Quaeda plot!)

Shannon's overnight decision to become a lesbian

I don't watch it any more, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

oldest memory is probably alf etc... looking for pippas first husband. got lost out fishing or something. then bobby getting hit by the boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

What was Blake's girlfriend called, the one who died in his arms on the beach?

I know a guy who got a bag of cans in for himself and his brother to watch that episode, they were pis*ing themselves laughing by the end of it.

Sick puppies...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

oldest memory is probably alf etc... looking for pippas first husband. got lost out fishing or something. then bobby getting hit by the boat.
    Pippa's first husband drove over a cliff coz he was havin a heart attack, bobby was in the car actually. Twas funny coz I didn't even know what a heart attack was at the time!! Her second husband Michael got lost in a flood. God H A hasn't had a right oul disaster in a while. Best ever was the fire, that frightened the living sh*te out of me for about 3 months.
    Abdiel wrote:
    Yeah her name was Stephanie she was dating a guy called Liam who was joey's friend and had a big nose (That's all I remember about him) Travis had been tdatin her sister but she got shot. I think i remember steph's drink gettin spiked and she went all crazy coz she was on pain killers as well and she kept hearing a voice saying "Wait Wait" and then it turned out it was saying "Weight weight" because there was a body under one of the caravans and it mystically spoke to her to tell her the weight of it was bearing down or something. Anyone else remember that one?
    What was Blake's girlfriend called, the one who died in his arms on the beach?
    I think her name was Meg...not sure though. I was hooked on that storyline but then I went on holiday to a caravan ith no tv and missed the ep where she died. Had to get me ma to watch it for me and tell me what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

why would anyone want to live in summer bay in all fairness!!! nearly every accident possible happens there!!! wouldnt you think they would get the hint and leave!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Do ye remember both Chloe and Sam Fisher.
    The reason I say this is because I was watching a 7-up add recently and I saw both of them in it.
    In the add there was three tables, each had a man in the process of dumping a woman.
    "Its not you its me, Your too good for me, etc etc"
    First woman was Chloe. The first two women spilled the men’s 7-up over them.
    A the third table Sam confesses "I’m in love with your sister”, then the camera and the woman’s eyes pan to his hot cup of coffee.
    You then see the other two men agreeing that he is a "Rookie”, over his screams of pain.

The dizzying heights of stardom after Home and Away eh? :D

Also the actress Isla Fisher (Shannon) is now seeing Sacha Boren Cohen (aka Ali G)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Wow I knew it was Sam on the ad, but I had no idea it was chloe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

I know its not an old episode, not exactly, but it had me laughing...

Anyway hayley is b|tching to Irene about Noah not wanting to get married in a church,and how he won't let he invite his mother and Irene says

"well its not surprising, his mother was a religous nut who treid to brainwash him, and set fire to his bed"

religous nuts in h+A

1) Saul
    2) Chloes dad
    3) Noahs mum
    4) Joey(saul was his dad i think)
    5) Tashas parents

who else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I remember Pippa #1 and Pippa #2.

Revhead and Tug, the "skangers".

Eileen #1 - horrid looking thing.

Lance and Martin.

Sophie (mmmmm) works in a cafe in Bondi Junction, or at least she did when I lived there, in 2001.

I think Trinity from the Matrix was Lou, who used to go out the copper Nick.
    Damien was also in The Matrix as Mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I remember Pippa #1 and Pippa #2.

Revhead and Tug, the "skangers".

Eileen #1 - horrid looking thing.

Lance and Martin.

Sophie (mmmmm) works in a cafe in Bondi Junction, or at least she did when I lived there, in 2001.

I think Trinity from the Matrix was Lou, who used to go out the copper Nick.
    Damien was also in The Matrix as Mouse.

Trinity from the Matrix???? Are you alright????? :rolleyes:

Advertisement