Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember these....

Options
  • 18-11-2004 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

.....ok I bought crackers yesterday and was looking at the back of the box of whats in them. Cool stuff. Got me thinking to one of the things we used to always get in crackers when I was a kid (80's) and one thing that sticks in my mind is the little red fish that are thin plasticky and you put them on the palm of your hand and it depends how it curls on what kind of person you are. I've said this to my mates and cousins and they all think Im gone cuckoo. Do ANYONE remember them? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Yeah, a love tester or something, it was called. I think they're still aroung - I saw one at Xmas 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I remember those they where a transparent red plastic.

I can't remember anything else about them other then they curled up in the palm of your hand.

So you can tell your mates you have not gone cuckoo.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Yeah, a love tester or something, it was called. I think they're still aroung - I saw one at Xmas 2 years ago

:) - phew thought I was seriously losing the plot. A love tester. Its mad the things that stick in your mind. I remember having great fun with it. Last year we had great fun with the Magic 8 ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Furp wrote:
    I remember those they where a transparent red plastic.

I can't remember anything else about them other then they curled up in the palm of your hand.

So you can tell your mates you have not gone cuckoo.:)

They were laughing at me in work earlier. Can't tell them about here though as I'm not suppossed to be dossing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

God - I remember them too. And the embarrasment if it didn't curl quickly or curled too quickly. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

shaped like a fish i believe??
    curls at both ends ment you were passionate etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

climaxer wrote:
    :) - phew thought I was seriously losing the plot. A love tester. Its mad the things that stick in your mind. I remember having great fun with it. Last year we had great fun with the Magic 8 ball.

Don't worry C there are a few of us out there who know what you are talking about. Where were those people...and what bloody crackers did the get in the good ole days.

I remember them well, used to refuse to do it cos my Dad would take the pee out of us for the rest of the day if it did/didn't curl!!

S ;)

Advertisement