Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing

Options
  • 18-11-2004 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

:p

Are there any surfers out there for a general chat?

:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

web?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mee Mee

:pAhhhh man, be nice! Do you want to chat about surfing or are you just trying to annoy this little lady? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You sound really intelligent.

Roffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Mee Mee wrote:
    :pAhhhh man, be nice! Do you want to chat about surfing or are you just trying to annoy this little lady? :p
    Ehm, neither. Suppose I could chat about surfing though I've never partook. Water always seems a bit cold for me :cool:

I used to live near Strandhill when I was younger and Tramore before that, amazing really that I haven't... I will someday though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

im a newbie at surfing (hav only gone twice but i love it) and am interested in starting up.was wondering how much itd cost to get up and running.
    Whatd i need to get started?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mee Mee

:pYou could pick up a second hand board & wet suit quite cheap, keep an eye out on the buy & sell, and there is plenty of surf shops around. I probably wouldnt suggest starting out by buying new gear! Once you get the gear transport would be the only other issue. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ActionMan

yo MeeMee,

what you wanna chat about? lets just surf! you got a local break? I'm land-locked! One of a very small Monaghan surf crew! Used to head to Donegal every weekend for a dip & laugh. aint been in 14 months cause my crew hit Oz for the year and been slowly makin their way back through Vietnam & Thailand. But they're back next week! WooHoo! Probably be makin our way back up round Dec12-19. And of course theres always the NewYearsMornin surf with our stripping off of wetsuits at the end! I swear we go bluer on new years than any other day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

Hey,
    where do ya surf? I'm in cork and surf garretstown, long strand, inchadonney, fennels, fountainstown... nice swell at the moment. check out www.tubes.ie/webcam/~inchy.jpg

do you gleam the cube with insane sickness or wha!? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Ya I surf cork too. Mostly garrettstown. Haven't been out in ages though.
    I run a surfing website too and we're setting up a club in Cork, check it out http://www.corksurf.com

hey, so where's good in cork and what size we talkin? Had first day back in the water there yesterday, 2hrs after watchin Riding Giants. Brilliant. Wasn't much goin on wave-wise but was great to be back. Hopin to take a search trip from waterford to down soon. Any spots we shouldn't miss? I'm not askin for directions to your secret spot that no-one else knows about, but i am lookin for it! Some criptic clues would be nice. make it fun :)

and if you happen to wake up one mornin over christmas and theres 4ugly inland lookin feckers ridin YOUR break, just come on out and join us, we'll welcome you to surf monaghan anytime! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Ahhh it's nothing compared to Sligo/Donegal really, we get our good days alright though, check out the gallery here http://www.corksurf.com/gallery/
    The beaches are usually maxed out at 6ft (v. rare!) but there are reefs that can handle bigger if you've got the balls for it :)

i've got the balls, just not the sense to control them! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

Just back from garretstown. No wind and a big swell, lovely clean sets.
    Get there tommorow for more of the same methinks. too short notice? :)

Inchadonnay and long strand are usually a couple of feet bigger, much further away for me though but worth the extra petrol!

Advertisement