Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkateBoard Music for TV Show

Options
  • 17-11-2004 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, I'm researching music for a new sports show for kids aged 6-12yrs.
    First show is Skatebaording -
    Sooo what are all yee skateboarders are listening too out there?

Cheers

Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Im Into nofx,green day, AFI, nirvana, slipknot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Im in a punk/hardcore band. and would gladly offer some music to be useed on the show. either something we have already. or we could do something especially for you.
    Mail me gcummins@mater.ie
    www.20bullseach.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ashk1

Cheers guys!
    Liked the website bombidol - will pass your details on to the producer & will hopefully be in touch soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Athloneskate

"Skateboarding music" doesnt really exist. But skaters do tend to listen to certain styles of music.

Hip Hop (Atmosphere, etc. More underground hiphop than say Jay Z or 50cent)

Metal (Metallica, Slayer, CKY, HIM)

Old Rock (The Smiths, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

most the skaters i know like punk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 gnarlyone

you should check out the tony hawk games , underground etc., there are **** loads of bands on the sound tracks, and theyll give you some ideas,and give you a feel for the kind of music. Anything with a bit of energy rock,punk, hip hop too.
    If you are going to use big band music ,there are legal issues so i recommend taking Bombidol's kind offer of music.if you are publically using record labelled bands music you need to contact the label or imro.ie. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

You could get a hold of thrasher magazines skaterock collection that'd give you a good insight into skaters musical tastes over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 garywilko

in my opinion you should use nwa-express yourself
    dont put any of that rock in. i like rock but rockdoesnt go together as well as rap
    if you really wanted to use rock use some old stuff, leave the new **** out

www.gwizz.tk

Advertisement