Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis Pennis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

i havent seen that nutter in ages, cant wait for the new series

absolute hilarious stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

i havent seen that nutter in ages, cant wait for the new series

absolute hilarious stuff!!

New series???????? Tell me more????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

He was funny but beacuse of the style of the show it couldnt run for long as soon as he achived any success people knew who he was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Even by the second series he found it difficult to get near celebrities, he went from a 15 second conversation with a punchline to shouting at them from 50 feet away while the bodyguards shoved him out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

John R wrote:
    Even by the second series he found it difficult to get near celebrities, he went from a 15 second conversation with a punchline to shouting at them from 50 feet away while the bodyguards shoved him out of the way.

Exactly, it's inherent in this type of show for it to grow obsolete very fast, Ali G being a more recent example - hence his shipping off to America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

John R wrote:

Exactly, it got so the celebs wanted to be "done" by Dennis. I remember Bob Geldof being thrilled to bits when he saw him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Dr. Dre wrote:
    Exactly, it's inherent in this type of show for it to grow obsolete very fast, Ali G being a more recent example - hence his shipping off to America.

Yea that type of humor its intensely funny but will only last a certain amount of time...(trigger happy a prime example) although Ali G is slightly different in that its not just celebs he preys on, anyone in a position of power can be targeted...Borat could still be used in England as the target for him would be ppl who would watch "breakfast with frost" or the like so would have no clue about Da Ali G show!!!
    Have to say he has done well in the states, not so mad an bruno, Borat goes through the yanks llike a hot knife....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i remember seein an interview with dennis and he said that most of the time he was absolutely locked when he interviewed the 'celebs' because it was soo nerveracking.. fair balls

Advertisement