Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Edward Street

Options
  • 17-11-2004 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

What is Lord Edward Street like. Considering buying an apartment down there. Would it rent well for student accomadation for Mary I.

Any advice appreicated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

mmurf100 wrote:
    What is Lord Edward Street like. Considering buying an apartment down there. Would it rent well for student accomadation for Mary I.

Any advice appreicated?

Its a reletively quiet area if that is what you mean, it would actually make a good location for Mary I studen accomodation if it was near the punches cross end of the street.

its a straight road into town too which would be handy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

its where the army barracks are. They have now built nice houses and apartments up there....but i think these are for disabled & elderly people and I think single mothers also. There are security there and you have your own swipe card for the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

IMO it would depend on where the apartment is exactly. Some of the houses/properties back on to Prospect which could be a problem.

I used to live in a first floor apartment around the corner on the Rosbrien Road and eventually had to move becuase of the hassle from the local knacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

its where the army barracks are. They have now built nice houses and apartments up there....but i think these are for disabled & elderly people and I think single mothers also. There are security there and you have your own swipe card for the gates.

Three of them have been offered for blind or visually impaired people, the National Council for the Blind were asked to find interested people
    IMO it would depend on where the apartment is exactly. Some of the houses/properties back on to Prospect which could be a problem.

I would concur with this, you get the Talbot Avenue, garryglass knackers around that part of edward street where that little shop used to be.

Advertisement