Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leauge of gentlemen movie!!

Options
  • 16-11-2004 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

I'd say this show has a very defined audience i.e you get it or you dont???

Anyway i think its one of the funniest comedys to ever grace the small screen, Papa Lazaroo steals the shoe "hello dave" and all that!!!

The movie is on the way...

WHO'S HOT AND WHO'S COLD ON THIS ONE?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Swarfboy

Absolute tops.. have all series incl christmass special which I thought was the best... some of the best british comedy since the 70's...
    Cannae wait... also met a Swiss pair last year on hols in Spain who were absolutely nuts about it.... the accent made it sound even funnier for me and my gurl....! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Learn how to spell mate.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I have no idea what you're saying to me right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I'd say this show has a very defined audience i.e you get it or you dont???

Anyway i think its one of the funniest comedys to ever grace the small screen, Papa Lazaroo steals the shoe "hello dave" and all that!!!

The movie is on the way...

WHO'S HOT AND WHO'S COLD ON THIS ONE?????

"steals the shoe"..priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

They were/are going to be filming in Wicklow some of it

I'm not sure if they did it already but i think they did.

Should be brilliant.

One of my favourite shows ever. Series 2 was the best imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

First saw the show during the cow scene where Dr Chinnery tries to deliver a calf in front of a school group but gets the anatomy wrong.

THE COW MOOS IN PAIN AS NATALIE AND DR. CHINNERY YANK THE ROPE.

DR. CHINNERY:
    Pull! Pull!

WITH A WET SLAP, THE COW’S ENTRAILS ARE PULLED OUT OF IT’S RECTUM, ALONG WITH BLOOD THAT POURS ONTO THE FLOOR. THE CHILDREN MAKE MORE DISGUSTED SOUNDS.

There we go…

HE REALISES WHAT HE’S DONE.

RADCLIFFE:
    It looks like offal, Mr Chinnery…

DR CHINNERY TRIES TO COVER UP HIS MISTAKE.

DR. CHINNERY:
    No, no…that’s just the…birth sack.

CHLOE:
    Isn’t that a liver?

DR. CHINNERY:
    Oh, Christ. Don’t look, Natalie. Don’t look.

More script here. Looking forward to the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I look forward to viewing it in a local cinema for local people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Has this been filmed yet does anyone know?? Myself and my brother went in to apply to be extras a few weeks ago in the IFC, but heard nothing since.. It would be class to be a part of the film I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Papa Lazarou was the best character in TLOG....

'Youre my wife now'.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Haven't seen the show in over year? Is there a laughter track on it? I'm not sure if it'll translate to film too well. When I think of sketch shows being made into film I'm reminded of Kevin And Perry!

As bravestarr082 said it has a very defined audience so I'm surprised they got the green light.

Personally speaking though i can't wait!! I could watch a whole movie about Pauline and her pens :D

• Advertisement

gazzer wrote:
    Papa Lazarou was the best character in TLOG....

'Youre my wife now'.....

"hello dave....is dave there"

monomaniac wrote:
    Haven't seen the show in over year? Is there a laughter track on it? I'm not sure if it'll translate to film too well. When I think of sketch shows being made into film I'm reminded of Kevin And Perry!

As bravestarr082 said it has a very defined audience so I'm surprised they got the green light.

Personally speaking though i can't wait!! I could watch a whole movie about Pauline and her pens :D

i hope mickey love gets his fire engine....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

monomaniac wrote:
    Haven't seen the show in over year? Is there a laughter track on it? I'm not sure if it'll translate to film too well. When I think of sketch shows being made into film I'm reminded of Kevin And Perry

The first two series had laughter tracks, and suffered slightly because of it. Series 3 and the Christmas Special were fine and bleak. :p

The League are a completely different beast to Harry Enfield anyway, in that their characters have actual character and they can, y'know, write and act. So I doubt we'll get another Kevin and Perry Go Large. I've heard the whole thing is going swimmingly and it should be something really special. Mind you, that's me paraphrasing someone who heard it from someone else who's involved in the film and would say that anyway, but y'know. Yay!

As far as I know they started filming here in September, so there's little hope of any more extras being required. Bloody shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

they were filming in Powerscourt a few weeks ago

Advertisement