Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bo Selecta

Options
  • 16-11-2004 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there will be a Bo Selecta series 4?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I hope never, allways hated that show and the people who went around saying shamone eee hee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Anyone know if there will be a Bo Selecta series 4?

I hope not too but for a different reasons, the show has had its time and should finish with dignity just like "Trigger happy" and "The leauge of gentlemen"....Series 3 was good but it wasnt a patch on series 1 or 2.
    I'd say mr. merrion is aware of this and the best we can hope for is another Xmas special or a movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

A movie? Oh god, no... :eek:

Series 1 and 2 were great but Series 3 was absolute shít. It relied way too much on sexual humour which is only funny to a certain degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Gotta say the last episode of series 3 where he interviews the osbournes was hilarious.
    Telling the parents what he would like to do to kelly in a powerpoint slideshow, maddness.
    He becomes an annoying prat very quickly though i have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

"The Odd Couple" with Patsy Kensit and Scary Spice, also Porridge with Michael Jackson are the best parts of Series 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

I hope not too but for a different reasons, the show has had its time and should finish with dignity just like "Trigger happy" and "The leauge of gentlemen"....Series 3 was good but it wasnt a patch on series 1 or 2.
    I'd say mr. merrion is aware of this and the best we can hope for is another Xmas special or a movie.

Yep - series 3 was a disaster. More embarrassing than anything else. 1 & 2 were unique and original, but 3 just fell constantly on old jokes recycled and reused. And the talk show concept was a disaster too.

avmedia wrote:
    best one i can recall is the michael jackass skydiving scene. or the britneys day off scene.

Incidentally, the 'Day's Off' concept was originally used on E4's comedy series at launch, Show Me The Funny, also done by Avid Merrion. And I have this vague notion one other sketch from that show also made its way to Bo Selecta.

SMTF's presenters were themselves very funny - they did a Popstars spoof called Presentars where they were trying to find a replacement for the guy presenter and had the public turn up for ridiculous auditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Yep - series 3 was a disaster. More embarrassing than anything else. 1 & 2 were unique and original, but 3 just fell constantly on old jokes recycled and reused. And the talk show concept was a disaster too.

Have to agree. I was really looking forward to S3, but it was massively disappointing. Without 'The Odd Couple' each week I don't think I would've watched all the episodes-- Mel B still hits the spot ;)

The talk show format was awful, but then I've never liked the Avid Merrion bits, just don't find him funny without a rubber mask on!
    S3 has killed any interest I have in seeing more Bo!

On the topic of UK comedy-- did anyone watch S2 Little Britain finale? I really thought they were trying waaaay too hard....the S1 characters are just old now--some of the new additions in S2 were great, but they were sidelined in the finale in favour of the more familiar characters, which I think was a mistake.
    The same problem I believe Bo Selecta ran into... no worthwhile new additions in S3 and too many poor sketches with the 'favourites' such as Michael Jackson...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ohh totally, series one was good because it was fresh and new, series two captured the same humour and added a few new characters. Series 3 was utter ****e, no way i'm buying this one on dvd. Changing the format of the show was the worse thing they could ever have done.

doh.ie wrote:

It was more loyalty that kept me watching series 3, but half way through the series i wasnt bothered wether i seen it or not....

micheal jackass "doing porridge" was fairly bad...alot of the audience would'nt of ever seen porridge, me being one of them but i was aware of the show. It is too obscure a show to do p!ss take on.

One of my favourite scenes was in series 2 when micheal jackass went to New York.

"they call this the big apple; i dont know why, it aint no muther fukin friut..........ITS A CIT-TAY....!

• Advertisement

TCamen wrote:
    Have to agree. I was really looking forward to S3, but it was massively disappointing. Without 'The Odd Couple' each week I don't think I would've watched all the episodes-- Mel B still hits the spot ;)

What can I say? She's still got it... Har.
    TCamen wrote:
    The same problem I believe Bo Selecta ran into... no worthwhile new additions in S3 and too many poor sketches with the 'favourites' such as Michael Jackson...

And no Blaine either! They kind of thought too highly of themselves. I laughed at Cocknose once, but not after that, but they kept reusing it!
    I wonder if they themselves agree s3 was very poor by comparison with the
    others?

Agree Jackson Porridge stuff was dreadful compared with Jackass. Whereas in s1/s2 there were lots of sketches you would like, in s3 there was hardly even one. Never liked the Bear - except his Jonathan Ross and Liberty X interviews - and he took up too much time in the third season as well.

Was a pity to lose some of the Craig stuff as well. Merrion was funnier in his lonely obsessive mode than as a talk show host - that was one of the worst concept changes ever in television.

Awful pity for something so good to turn so absolutely awful.

"they call this the big apple; i dont know why, it aint no muther fukin friut..........ITS A CIT-TAY....!

Love it! He was absolutely cracking in those sketches. Also love the one where he's going fishing and some guy in the street goes by and says, "Chamone!" and Jackass goes, "You know that's right...!"

Don't forget the l-lam-ays as well. They were a bit hig in the cit-tay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

yeah.
    bang on series three was absolute ****.
    so much worse than one or two.
    but mel b is still the funniest thing on tv.
    holy crap, i piss myself whenever she's on.

:)

doh.ie wrote:
    Love it! He was absolutely cracking in those sketches. Also love the one where he's going fishing and some guy in the street goes by and says, "Chamone!" and Jackass goes, "You know that's right...!"

Don't forget the l-lam-ays as well. They were a bit hig in the cit-tay.

Yeah i wish i was that fella...then you could claim obscure fame!!!!!

Dat fella didnt know what was goin on..."with the lam-ays"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Mel B is so good... she doesnt even have to say anything and i crease up laughing.... Did anybody see the new xmas song on telly yet?? It is Avid, Patsy and Davina singing 'I got u Baby' and the video is mostly Mel B getting a lift from Jim Bowen (from Bullseye) to the studios so she can have it out with Pats... its really funny.

I heard about that actually.... sounds really bad to me, even worse than last year's single...

gazzer wrote:
    Mel B is so good... she doesnt even have to say anything and i crease up laughing.... Did anybody see the new xmas song on telly yet?? It is Avid, Patsy and Davina singing 'I got u Baby' and the video is mostly Mel B getting a lift from Jim Bowen (from Bullseye) to the studios so she can have it out with Pats... its really funny.

Yea ive seen it and I think its absolute muck, its no comparison to "proper crimbo"... He is a rich man now so he dosnt need to put much effort in plus its a charity single so i presume thats why theres is a sevre lack of quality.

Achilles wrote:
    I heard about that actually.... sounds really bad to me, even worse than last year's single...

last years was fantastic, got to no.3 in the charts last xmas which was a bloody good achievement.

last years was fantastic, got to no.3 in the charts last xmas which was a bloody good achievement.

Yeah, last year's was great fun! The new one is rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭uum

Ya the new series is a bit crap.
    But does anyone remember when Avid did the ramshack to Rod Stewart at the celeb football match. Rod watches for a while and then goes "Ya very sexy" and walks off.

I nearly died when i saw it...

• Advertisement

uum wrote:
    Ya the new series is a bit crap.
    But does anyone remember when Avid did the ramshack to Rod Stewart at the celeb football match. Rod watches for a while and then goes "Ya very sexy" and walks off.

I nearly died when i saw it...

that was good, then he crept up behind penny lancaster and start smelling her hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I thought overall the wole series was great, your bound to get a couple of carp bits on every show

Lol yeah i have that Rod Stewart Episode on DVD... it's hilarious, Rod even joins in at one point. Last year's christmas single was class tho, i loved the whole thriller p!sstake at the start with that guy who ratted out John Leslie (his name escapes me right now...).

Achilles wrote:
    Lol yeah i have that Rod Stewart Episode on DVD... it's hilarious, Rod even joins in at one point. Last year's christmas single was class tho, i loved the whole thriller p!sstake at the start with that guy who ratted out John Leslie (his name escapes me right now...).

Matthew Wright from Five's "The Wright Stuff".
    Pretty incredible botch-up at the time, him mentioning Leslie on live TV...!
    Have to say Leslie went up (a little) in my estimation for being so forgiving.

Advertisement