Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disturbed by the shield

Options
  • 16-11-2004 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Did anyone catch this show last night? I felt sick after it, that poor guy (For those of you who didn’t the Captain was orally raped and yerman took a photo of it while he was doing it) really powerful stuff and definitely a hard choice - take a bullet or be raped? Its too grim to think about

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Great episode wasn't it? Really powerful viewing. Male rape is something VERY rarely covered on TV and there was a fair bit of press coverage for this when it aired in the States last year. You had to feel really sorry for Aceveda.

All I can say from now is keep watching over the next few weeks to see how Acevveda deals with this. This is one of the plot threads that made Season 3 of The Shield so very very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 manmusic

Isnt he running for some public position, I take it this is where the photo comes into play. Great show...I have finnally found something worth watching. The last thing close to this was Stargate a few years ago when it was good.

manmusic wrote:
    Isnt he running for some public position, I take it this is where the photo comes into play. Great show...I have finnally found something worth watching. The last thing close to this was Stargate a few years ago when it was good.
    That's right. He's running for mayor. This new plot arc really gives a chance for Benito Martinez (who plays Aceveda) to shine. Some quality viewing ahead you lucky dogs.

Whilst I'm here, if you like strong-arc driven cop show check out "The Wire". Season 1+2 have already aired on TG4 and I wouldn't advise jumping in on S3 so either pick it up on R1 DVD or catch the UK airings which should begin soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I thought this was really good. Can't wait to see where this is all going.

Speaking of can't wait, that f**king sh*t I'm a B-list ex-Celebrity, get me a career is coming back and hence TV3 have decided to cancel The Shield for the next 3 weeks. Bloody bastardos :mad:

Time to hunt some episodes down on the interweb methinks, not that I endorse that kind of thing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I know what the hell is that about. TV3? more like ITV 2! I cant belive they are cancelling it for that muc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jor el wrote:
    Speaking of can't wait, that f**king sh*t I'm a B-list ex-Celebrity, get me a career is coming back and hence TV3 have decided to cancel The Shield for the next 3 weeks. Bloody bastardos :mad:

please tell me you are taking the piss

****ing bastards TV3

=edit= is Law & Order SVU going to be affected aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

ixoy wrote:
    Male rape is something VERY rarely covered on TV

Except for Oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

ixoy wrote:
    I wouldn't advise jumping in on S3 so either pick it up on R1 DVD or catch the UK airings which should begin soon enough.

FX289 from January, IIRC, probably on Sundays after Carnivále has finished its run. Well worth a watch - one of the finest cop dramas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Yeah ... last nights was the first of season three I've seen, and regretted it after missing the first few episodes, gonna wait til the dvd set before I see any others.

But that was one pretty hardcore episode last night. ... Couldn't watch it all, but I'm betting on Vic to get that phone, and Aceveda to shoot the dude who forced him.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    please tell me you are taking the piss

****ing bastards TV3

It's not me, but TV3 who are taking the piss. They announced it during the end credits of The Shield last night. I don't know if it effects SVU as I didn't hang around for the credits on that. I hope not or Monday nights will return to being a washout. It could be though as last year that Celebrity show was on all day and night on ITV and TV3, only breaking for Corrie and Emerdale. Couldn't cancel those of course, oh no.

Just checked tv3.ie to see listings, but that was always going to be a lost cause. I re-iterate, worst website EVER! What made me think the TV3 website would have any information on it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Oh I bet it will be. Every other fracking time that crap was on, they postponed it.

.. Fortunately though SVU is on repeats right now (S5 repeats) and will be for the near future so I've seen them all. Even so though...

Checking the itv website shows that Celebrity is on from 9-10, with a 3rd episode of Corrie after that. Why are there 3 episodes on in the one night, I don't know? So TV3 being ITV3 will probably have a similar format so I guess SVU is gone too.

Oh well, watch Galactica and then off to internet land for the evening I suppose. Meh, how bad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

**** sake :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

damn tv3 anyway or should I say ITV Eire.....

A friend of mine in the US told me that "assinvader" was going to get ****ed up rightly, I see what he means

/OT should the shield have its own forum, battlestar galactica does FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Nuttzz wrote:
    /OT should the shield have its own forum, battlestar galactica does FFS

No, there are better shows out there, and ones with a larger fan base.
    A new forum isn't created on how good the show is, just how much traffic it would get. This is, I think, the 2nd ever thread on The Sheild I have seen in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

ixoy wrote:
    Oh I bet it will be. Every other fracking time that crap was on, they postponed it.

.. Fortunately though SVU is on repeats right now (S5 repeats) and will be for the near future so I've seen them all. Even so though...

Yep - Jor El is right.

20.30 Coronation Street
    21.00 I'm A Celebrity
    22.00 Coronation Street
    22.30 My Big Fat Greek Life

and I'm A Celebra-crap is repeated nightly at around 2am...

Someone wake me when that show chokes in its own cockroach-induced vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

No, there are better shows out there, and ones with a larger fan base.
    A new forum isn't created on how good the show is, just how much traffic it would get. This is, I think, the 2nd ever thread on The Sheild I have seen in this forum.

I take your point, so there is more interest in BSG than The Shield (/me sighs at the youth of today :) )

FYI its the 4th thread on The Shield :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yeah I was gonna post a thread similar to this one last night after TV3 made that "popular" announcement.

Let's not forget that when these next 3 weeks end (and they're going to seem like they won't) we'll have maybe 2 weeks of Shield back on our screens and then crimbo telly.
    Really TV3 are playing a wise game here; they know they have a huge following with the Shield, and that their viewers will return to watch when it re-airs. This way they get to scoop all the sh*theads that watch "I'm a Has-been; Please shoot me now" for a month whilst prolonging the episode run of a popular (and 100% quality) programme.

Ar$eholes.

BTW Shield has to be up there with 24 in terms of sheer televisual goodness: it's like a holywood movie that runs week to week.
    Have to say I pissed meself laughing last night when Mackey went over to Shanes and told him about the marked money. Like the guy is after implicating himself in a potential assault/murder rap and then he hears the other 'good' news :D . Classic. Had to really feel for Asévedra though. Nothing would ever taste the same again...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Cheers for ruining the series for me

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Well with all of TV3's messing about I've had To rent the rest of the series and after watching it, all I can say is WOW. There's a lot of really good stories to come and some of the plot twists completely blindsided me. How much longer is that celebrity tripe going to be on for? This show needs to be back on air!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

you rented it? is it out on dvd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Ah, not yet. I had To rrent it. Think it's out on DVD just before the next season starts in the states. February or March of next year if I recall.

Advertisement