Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Portarlington?

Options
  • 16-11-2004 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

I have not used the new Monasterevin by-pass yet but have to go to Portarlington from Dublin tomorrow.
    Is there a specific motorway exit serving Portarlington or do I have to leave the M7 before Monasterevin and go through the town and along the old road?

(Am asking here 'cos the NRA website map is not at all clear.)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Genghis

vinnyfitz wrote:
    I have not used the new Monasterevin by-pass yet but have to go to Portarlington from Dublin tomorrow.
    Is there a specific motorway exit serving Portarlington or do I have to leave the M7 before Monasterevin and go through the town and along the old road?

(Am asking here 'cos the NRA website map is not at all clear.)

Thanks

There is: It is marked Mountmellick, Portarlington, Killenard, and I think it is the next exit after Monasterevin. You would head for Emo (go right across M7, through access roundabouts and on to the old N7. Go left on to the N7, then take the next right. Emo is about a mile along that road, and when you have cleared Emo, about a half-mile on there is another right turn. You are 3-4 miles from Portarlington at that stage.)

I dunno if the route above would actually be any faster than exiting at Monasterevin, though.

Alternatively you could

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Swarfboy

I go every day from Tullamore, and can tell ya to go through Monasterevin as it is a veritable ghost town these days....mucho faster than going on to Emo... have tried both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

went down last night to drop some tiles there, took monasterevin exit and flew through, very little traffic going through now, was at half six and sailed right through, think it may be easier route than next exit by the sound of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Thanks folks.
    Just what I needed to know.
    Boards is great!

Advertisement