Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blizzard of Odd

Options
  • 16-11-2004 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Anyone see it tongiht? Some absolutely classic piss taking of the Big Bow Wow and the Dinner Party plus a few other RTE shows. If I was Colin Murphy I would stay away from Montrose tomorrow :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Yeah the Big Bow Wow bit was great, nailed all the character cliches. The Dinner Party didn't need much work from Colin though, kind of takes care of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Didnt realise this was back - is great show.

Must keep note for next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

Welcome return to an otherwise crap RTE2 schedule. Great pisstake on the IFTA awards. What the f**k did Grainne Seoige have on top of her head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Colin Murphy's cool alright. I saw his live show in Galway on Sunday and I'd recommend it to Blizzard fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭moggie

i dunno
    bit disappointing to be honest

didn't think much of it
    targetting the bow wow and dinner party is like shooting fish in a barrel
    its waaaay too easy
    they're such soft targets a 3 year old could mock them :(

hopefullly it'll get back on form as the series progresses
    (the blizzard, that is, not the other shows)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I thought it was great to see the show back on. I know Dinner Party and Big Bow Wow are easy targets but it's great to see them taken apart anyway. Especially as I never got to see the BIg Bow Wow. Speaking of BBW, the production company originally working on it lost the show because they had a helicopter hired for aerial shots and as they were not shooting at the weekend one of the editors decided to take it down to Cork to see his mates. Ha Ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Glad to have Blizzard of Odd back!

It'll never happen but Il live in hope that someday Colin Murphy will to a show of B.o.O. where he rips into the crapness of 'The Panel' for 30 mins straight .... including is own lamentable input it should be said

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

i refuse to watch the panel purely because of mr. funny man ed byrne...

life would be good if him and mr. tuberty went to live in siberia.

Colin is very good...the werewolf film was a fine piece of work

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I was hoping he would talk about the choosen.

Maybe next week.

I was sure it was nominated for an IFTA one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

Its a great show I love it.
    How stupid can RTE be to put a show on that deals for a good part of it in slagging off RTE shows BBW , dinner party , derick davis used to be a favourite of colm.
    Don't they watch there own shows , well i suppose if we don't why should they......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gargantuan wrote:
    How stupid can RTE be to put a show on that deals for a good part of it in slagging off RTE shows BBW , dinner party , derick davis used to be a favourite of colm.
    Don't they watch there own shows , well i suppose if we don't why should they......

RTE can do that cos they're a "hip and knowing" outfit dude! ;)

As for those DIY video movies less said the better.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Damn good show alright I think he is on another comedy deries commming up on RTE soon the liffy laugh or somethimg similar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Gargantuan wrote:

Their stupidity is in not taking on board the criticisms and making programmes that are not sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Ah lads, anyone got that on video, perchance? I missed it. Is it repeated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Elmo wrote:
    I was hoping he would talk about the choosen.

Maybe next week.

I was sure it was nominated for an IFTA one year.

I tuned in and made people who hate the Blizzard of Odd sit through the whole thing because it said in the paper that he was doing The Chosen.
    I really wanted to see it cause I know one of the guys in that programme but still managed to miss all but 30 seconds of it.

Hopefully next week.

I liked the bit on Crime Call with the two Lithuanians who were supposed to take calls but yet had no phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It used to be repeated on a Sunday night, after 10pm, sometime.

=-=

Find that it has its own section;
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/blizzardofodd/dotcoma.html

Also, they'll give you a €100 if you make a fool out of yourself, and post the tape of it in;
    Shoot a comedy sketch and win a prize. It's the game that's sweeping the nation.

THE BLIZZARD OF ODD want to see your no-budget comedy sketches, and if we feature your comic masterpiece we'll give you a programme credit plus £100.

Simply gather together all the wannabe comedians in your class/gang/therapy group and shoot a comedy sketch that lasts no longer than a minute and a half.

Don't worry about editing it - we can do that for you.

This is YOUR chance to become rich and happy.

Send your sketches to:

MMArts,
    125 lower Baggot st,
    Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

overdriver wrote:
    Ah lads, anyone got that on video, perchance? I missed it. Is it repeated?

Surprisingly for RTE it isn't being repeated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Thinking think much of the episode on monday, wasnt as good as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

It seemed a bit over produced or something and not its usual shoddy start sequence etc self-still better than all of the **** rte are putting out at the moment though!

Advertisement