Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk to a cast member of 'Scrubs'....

Options
  • 16-11-2004 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭

In the November 9th episode of Scrubs ("My Malpractical Decision"), Donald Faison's character Turk reprograms his cell phone number to read 916-CALL-TURK (916-225-5887).

Turk: (super serious) "It's really 'CALL TUR' but I'm hoping people will dial the 'K' anyway."
    J.D.: (hands on Turk's shoulders) "Hey, I will always dial the 'K' for you."

Production actually bought a brand new cell phone with that number and had it on set during the East coast broadcast. When the episode went on-air, people dialed the number and heard Turk's voicemail message: "Hey, you've reached Turk at 916-CALL-TURK. I can't come to the phone right now but you can leave a message here for me, or my other castmates..." Donald goes on to encourage fans to go to www.pcavote.com to vote for the show and fellow castmate Zach Braff in the People's Choice Awards.

However, some lucky callers actually got a live cast member on the other end! Zach Braff ("J.D.") spoke to quite a few, very surprised callers on the other end. Within a short period of time, thousands of people had called in and the voice mailbox reached capacity.

If you want to leave a message, call 916-CALL-TURK (916-225-5887)... you never know who might pick up!

Tried this myself today.. and got through to Bill Lawrence, creator of Scrubs.

Cast / crew that seem to be answering it most are: Sam Lloyd (Ted), Christa Miller (Jordan), Bill Lawrence, Zach Braff (JD) and Donald Faison (Turk)

Best time to ring (if you want to get through to a cast member) is 4pm - 11pm Irish time. Otherwise, you can leave a message on the answering machine.

Quite a cool little gimmick!

PS - before you start saying i'm not paying long distance charges to ring the US, use Babble! Free calls from PC to phone. Ring Irish landlines (& mobiles), UK, USA Mainland, Australia, New Zealand and Europe all for free!. I'm starting to sound like a spokesperson for the program, so i'll stop! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Does 916-CAL-TURK work? You need to have seen that episode to understand this one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ElNino wrote:
    Does 916-CAL-TURK work? You need to have seen that episode to understand this one :D
    Yeah, like i said above, it does work!

You'll get through an answering machine that Donald Faison (Turk) recorded: "Hey, you've reached Turk at 916-CALL-TURK. I can't come to the phone right now but you can leave a message here for me, or my other castmates..."

But if you ring between the hours i mentioned above, you've a good chance of getting through to a member of the cast / crew. They leave the phone around the set and they encourage cast / crew to pick it up if they hear it ringing.

Nice little idea by the Scrubs people, in my opinion!

EDIT: Rang there a minute ago and got through to Donald Faison (Turk)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol, cool

Ye all should give it a go!

Bill and Donald were both sound! Was asking them about the possibility of a Scrubs DVD.

They've just finalised a syndication agreement. And they told me production has gone into overdrive to get Series 1 out on DVD at the beginning of next year. And then if that sells well, Series 2 on DVD this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

No way!! Must give it a go - will be amazed if this works! =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Right so seriously lads, whats the whole number if you are dialing from Ireland.
    Fairplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

just add a 001 to the front (+1 from a mobile)

Number from Ireland is 0019162255887.

You probably won't get through to a cast number til at least 2pm Irish time.

Advertisement