Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classy pub in Limerick (possibly indian-style)

Options
  • 15-11-2004 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can advise the name of some nice/classy pub in Limerick city...ideal for a date for example.

I just moved here from dublin, my favourite pub there was Sam Sara in Dawson street, I just wonder if there is something similar in Limerick...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Can yo ugive us an idea of what Sam Sara was like, I am not aware of any indian style pubs in lLimerick, but then I could be wrong.

if your looking for upmarket places, you might want to try trinity rooms, the lock bar or schooners The trinity rooms are in the granery i think and schooners is on the dock road.

Dolans can be nice but it can get fairly packed. They do have some good acts on in the warehouse at the back however, which is a good thing. Some of the acts can be ethnic in nature although.

You can check the Limerick resources post for links to Dolans Warehouse if you want to see what acts perform there.

Welcome to limerick by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I don't know of any indian pub, but my advice would be the locke. It's a lovely setting, the staff are friendly and there's no loud music and the sort, so you can maintain conversation.

I would second the lock, i ve only been there once or twice in the last twelve months but I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Limerick surprisingly has a good selection of nice bars!
    Pier 1 is a nice quiet drink with friendly staff,ive heard the bank is a nice setting too not been there myself,schooners is a nice spot also

What an insightful and helpful post

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Dave wrote:
    What an insightful and helpful post

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

waves banning stick at landser and heads in his direction

see you in a week landser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

the lock- where exactly is the place?
    Ditto for pier 1- where is it?
    The guy is new to the place after all :)

why was landser banned?

as the song says

there are three steps to the recycle bin

1 poster seeks advice in (insert forum name here )
    2 Muppet posts stupid smart arse remark that doesnt help original poster
    3 user gets banned for a week.

The locke bar is on the opposite side of the river from the trinity rooms around that area

never been to pier 1

Pier One is just off sarsfields bridge. Opposite the old dunnes stores sort of. Just up from riddlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Locke is across the river from the granary beside the potato market and city hall.

The mill in annacotty is also a nice spot.
    You also have nestors in the middle of O Connell Street.
    The you have the usual pre club pubs, Nancys(across from the icon), Charlie
    Chaplins(cruises street), Mollys(Ellen Street),Sibin(thomas street).
    McLoughlins in corbally is also a nice spot if you are in that direction as is the unicorn
    in dooradoyle
    And no im not an alcoholic ...... honest :D

• Advertisement

But charlies and mollys would hardly be good for a nice chat or. Well definately not mollys. Bouncers are tossers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

All,
    thanks a lot for your replies! I have been here already for a few weeks actually and checked out most of the pubs and clubs in town (Trinity Rooms, Icon, Old Quarter, Nancy Blakes, Sin Bin, etc.) and I have to say I don't miss Dublin at all for the moment. I haven't been to Pier one and the Lock yet, but I will soon.

Thanks again!

Advertisement