Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's up with Sky One?

Options
  • 15-11-2004 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else getting subtitles the whole time? Been like that for a few days now. I've got into the habit of just reading them now. Keep expecting to see them when i skip to another channel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

No, not on NTL Digital anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I have Sky digital and nope, not having that prob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Me neither maybe you sat on the remote?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It would be helpful to include the source of the channel when asking questions like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

John R wrote:
    It would be helpful to include the source of the channel when asking questions like this.

Nah that involves thinking !!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

:) so i gotta think aswell?

Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

You must have Subtitles turned on on your digibox.

You need to go to Services -> 4. System Setup -> 3. Language and Subtitles -> choose 'Off' and save. They should be gone now.

Wouldn't just be on Sky One, though - with them set to on, you'd see them on most channels which carry subtitles.

Some TVs have an option to detect and turn on *teletext* subtitles, but this can't be the case with yours as Sky One only now transmit digital subtitles (via Sky Digital - though I have seen analogue ones still in use on the NTL version of Irish Sky One.)

Advertisement