Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats ?

Options
  • 15-11-2004 1:41pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've watched the mini-series/movie and the first episode on Sky one but missed the rest, does anyone know if any of the channels (Sci-Fi, Sky Mix etc) are going to be showing repeats soon. Would I be better off waiting for repeats or could I jump back into the series now and not really be missing too much.

I can't believe I waited years for a new BG series and I've already fallen behind on it :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Umm you're definetely best NOT jumping in. The story is pretty continuous, referring to previous events without any real recap of the episodes which, by the way, are very good...

I'd say wait it out. Sky One have invested a fair bit of cash into this so they're likely to repeat it in a bit on either Sky One or Sky Mix. Then scold yourself for missing the best new sci-fi show of the last five years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

My advice to you is to download the episodes to date before you start watching it again. Do not jump in mid-season.

This is because the show is designed around the immediacy of the mini series (e.g. the season kicks off a few days/hours after the end of the mini-series, and keeps that sort of pace up each episode). We are now approaching episode 5 tonight, and in total I think the timeline has only advanced a few weeks at most.

Either download the eps from the likes of [address removed by praetorian, just in case we get in trouble ;)], or ask someone on the boards (I'm sure someone has been taping them/collecting them) to make you copies. But the story is so involved and linked, week to week, that you are best getting it from the start rather than jumping in.

c0y0te

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Oh!!! Hole in the head.
    Its on
    Mon@8 on Sky and repeated on Tues on Sky mix @8 ond again on fri @8 on sky and once again on Sundays(i think) " 8 on Sky mix

So thats
    Monday 20.00 Sky
    Tuesday 20.00 Sky Mix (Repeat)
    Friday 20.00 Sky (Repeat)
    Sundau 20.00 Sky Mix (Repeat)

But as Ioxy said hang on and they'll be repeated agin on Sky Mix althogether
    By the way i know all this because i hate Cornation St,Eastenders,Fair City ....yada.......yada.......and the fams love them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

ixoy wrote:
    Then scold yourself for missing the best new sci-fi show of the last five years.
    Don't worry, I'll be doing just that, repeatedly.

I'll try downloading now so, thanks for the advice guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

c0y0te wrote:
    We are now approaching episode 5 tonight, and in total I think the timeline has only advanced a few weeks at most.
    Only 15 days judging from the caption for the Caprica scenes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement