Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derren Brown's Mind Control 3

Options
  • 15-11-2004 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Anyone watch it last night on Channel 4. I think he's excellent and was glued to the tv. Best illusion/trick was when he got the teller to pay out on the losing ticket at the dogs. Also when he made the medical student's hand go totally numb and put a needle through his skin without making it bleed. Brilliant show.... Anyone ever see him live?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Tennis

Yeah I saw it on E4 last night. Very entertaining show. Not sure how much of it is real though?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Japseye

He's pretty top alright, didnt see him last night though. Remember when he did that live Russian Roulette thing live on CH4, was that real or not? Crazy stuff anyway, had me on the edge of my seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah he is great to watch. :)

In the russian roulette thing though, he used a blank (or something) bullet instead of a proper one. Although it dosen't fire a bullet, it still damages things that are at the end of the barrel ie. his head. He showed what it would do to a bottle at this range and it fairly destroyed it. So i guess you could say it was real but there was some deception involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

This show is brilliant alright - didnt know it was back on again - must keep an eye out for it!

Did you ever see him banging the nail into his nose?? Rotten - and looked genuine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

its not back on... that episode was on months ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

newband wrote:
    its not back on... that episode was on months ago

Yep, that's off the first series iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

It's all great entertainment, but what annoys me is the way he misrepresents himself as some sort of mind control expert, when in fact he's just using the usual tricks, and apparently a lot of hypnotism to achieve the effects. It's very misleading. Great performer though.

Advertisement