Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 39a bus this morning.

Options
  • 15-11-2004 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭

Was anybody else travelling on the 39a bus this morning?? (The one that got into town at 9.45.

Anyway a romanian woman got on with her baby but after a few minutes realised that the 39a does not go to the shopping centre or through blanch village. It goes on a slip road near mulhuddart and straight onto the motorway and Navan Road.

This woman started shouting to be let off, but unfortunately the next bus stop is not till just after the Happy Chef on the Navan Road, she was going ballistic, screaming and roaring... the traffic on the motorway was pretty heavy so the bus was not moving for a while... she was screaming to be let off but the driver wouldnt.. i presume because the motor way was so busy and dangerous(what with her having a child in a buggy).

I was sitting upstairs so couldnt hear if the driver was talking to her or not but there was pandemonium going on... when the driver got to the stop and let her off she started spitting at the bus and screaming abuse at the driver.

It was an eventful trip.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I wasn't on the bus, but maybe someone should have pointed her to the emergeny door-opening switch for the center doors? (that metal circular flap)
    Would be one less ranting raving moron anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

SantaHoe wrote:
    I wasn't on the bus, but maybe someone should have pointed her to the emergeny door-opening switch for the center doors? (that metal circular flap)
    Would be one less ranting raving moron anyway.

Maybe it was a new bus with only one door.Anyway she would not have time to get off with a pram etc before the driver closed the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dublin Bus's insurance only covers passengers injured when they are let off at a stop. If he had let her off just anywhere, and she was hit by a car, the driver would be in serious trouble. Plus - motorway? Dual carraigeway surely? Afaik, laden double-decker busses aren't allowed the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

If she gets off randomly in the middle of the motorway then there isn't going to be another bus along to pick her up. Best option was to keep her on the bus...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

seamus wrote:
    Dublin Bus's insurance only covers passengers injured when they are let off at a stop. If he had let her off just anywhere, and she was hit by a car, the driver would be in serious trouble. Plus - motorway? Dual carraigeway surely? Afaik, laden double-decker busses aren't allowed the motorway.

Try telling that to the dublin busses using the M1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

sprinkles wrote:
    I could be wrong. It's always something I assumed. Dunno why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

sprinkles wrote:

Double deck buses are limited to 40mph, iirc, min speed for motorway is 30mph, so that's why you'll see dublin bus double deckers on the m4 and m1.usually on the way from or back to the depot (without passengers)

(as for gazser, he's referring to the N3 dual carriage way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

anyone on the 25a bus on friday about 4:30 /5:00 when the knakers coz a whole load of sh!t and got taken off the bus??

seamus wrote:

First Dublin Bus do not have Insurance as such.And double decker buses are allowed on the Motorway...why would they not be allowed most of them can do 45mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The 76A from Blanch to Tallaght also uses the M50. That stupid woman should be banned from public transport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Ah the 39 was my bus many moons ago....35p into town.Those where the days

Living in rural ireland, you come across the same ignorance from the "negros" toward the bus eireann drivers. They dont ask but rather DEMAND that their bags be taken out of the holding compartment.

I was on the Dublin-Limerick bus a few weeks ago and it stops for 15mins bout 2hours into the trip at borris-in-ossery. An African woman was sitting across from me with the obligitory screaming child (god be praised for the cd man), when we stopped she laid the child down on the seat screaming away and got off the bus leaving the baby behind and dissappeared. Everyone was back on the bus ready to go and the bus driver had shut the door, i had to go up and let him know bout the child. We sat there for another 10mins praying she hadnt done a runner but she came back with a burger and chips in her hand, she had gone all the way up the town.The bus driver laid into her but she just waved it off as if she didnt hear him.
    It was very disturbing to see how much she valued her child...

We sat there for another 10mins praying she hadnt done a runner but she came back with a burger and chips in her hand, she had gone all the way up the town....

Did the driver let her on with the food...I tought you could not get on a bus with food....?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭gazzer

I dont know why she didnt ask the driver if he went to the centre cos she took nearly 10 minutes getting on.. The usual taking the child from the buggy. Dropping the child in some strangers lap... folding the buggy and putting it the baggage area... Routing around her purse for what seemed like ages to get some change.. and then eventually sitting down.

I was on the Dublin-Limerick bus a few weeks ago and it stops for 15mins bout 2hours into the trip at borris-in-ossery. An African woman was sitting across from me with the obligitory screaming child (god be praised for the cd man), when we stopped she laid the child down on the seat screaming away and got off the bus leaving the baby behind and dissappeared. Everyone was back on the bus ready to go and the bus driver had shut the door, i had to go up and let him know bout the child. We sat there for another 10mins praying she hadnt done a runner but she came back with a burger and chips in her hand, she had gone all the way up the town.The bus driver laid into her but she just waved it off as if she didnt hear him.
    It was very disturbing to see how much she valued her child...

Thats very disturbing... to think so little of your child that you would leave your child behind ... the baby could have been kidnapped or anything... some people shouldnt be allowed to have children

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Dub13 wrote:
    Did the driver let her on with the food...I tought you could not get on a bus with food....?

of course you're allowed on with food...not allowed on with hot drinks doh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Does it make any difference what nationality or ethnic origin the passenger is?? Afterall, the rude and ignorant Irish travelling public are hardly the ones to tell off recent arrivals to this country on their travelling manners.

No its doesnt make any difference what nationality or race the person was... but what is wrong with stating it.?.. i mean the woman on the bus this morning could have been Irish, Chinese, American etc... I said she was Romanian in the context of 'she may have not know the 39A went a different way'..

I could understand if i said something racist about the person but all i said was she was Romanian and that she was screaming on the bus and that she spit at the bus when getting off.... .The other guy who posted said that an african woman left her child on the bus and got off and went missing... again what is wrong with stating her nationality if it is not in a racist manner??

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

There is way too much PC when it comes to stating people's nationality. Too many people screaming 'Racist' anytime you mention the colour of someones skin or where they are from. Society seems to have scared us into not mentioning it. If it had been a Welsh woman in this instance people wouldn't have said anything about mentioning her nationality.

The persons nationality is irrelevant to this behaviour. If you are stating it - and state this detail first - then you are making a point about it. Why identify the person as a Romanian or an African? They are both passengers. There is another post within this thread by bravestarr082 that is also bordering on racism. Perhaps the moderator should close it down now before it gets out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

he was stating a fact. It paints a better picture. More descriptive. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what he said.. get over it ffs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

BrianD wrote:
    The persons nationality is irrelevant to this behaviour. If you are stating it - and state this detail first - then you are making a point about it. Why identify the person as a Romanian or an African? They are both passengers. There is another post within this thread by bravestarr082 that is also bordering on racism. Perhaps the moderator should close it down now before it gets out of hand.

I think the nationality of the person in question is very relevant. To react in that way would be something out of the ordinary and the fact that the woman was Romanian goes some way to help you understand how she could have gotten on the wrong bus (language barrier etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Fs, not this racism crap again. If he had said a woman with a yellow jumper yada yada, you probably would have thought why he menioned it, buy you certainly woulddn't start giving out about it. He didn't say anything racist at all. It's people complaining about stupid things like this that keeps racism on everyone's mind...

The nationality has absolutely no relevance? How do you know she was Romanian? Speak it yourself or make an assumption? To me it is EXACTLY this type of post that demonstrates totally the levels of racism in this country. Pure and utter ignorance. This is the type of low level racism that is prevalent in Irish society today. Wake up guys and shame on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Living in rural ireland, you come across the same ignorance from the "negros" toward the bus eireann drivers. They dont ask but rather DEMAND that their bags be taken out of the holding compartment.

I'm with BrianD on this one. The above comment is blatantly racist.

Victorrrr....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

City-type busses can use motorways, but are limited to 40mph. There are specific restrictions on the fact you have standing passengers and on double-deckers.

Dublin Bus does have insurance, but self insures up to a very large excess

The origin of the people in the anecdotes is irrevalent and should not have been mentioned. Simply mentioning there may have been communication / language difficulties would have been enough. You wouldn't have mentioned the persons origin if the were ordinary, would you? I am of the opinion that some people on this thread posted to either troll or incite.

Neg rep handed out. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement