Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January '05 Line-Ups

Options
  • 15-11-2004 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Woohoo, this is my first post ever ever ever!!!!!!!! I just thought that since we are getting very close to the new progammes starting in January,that I would start up a new thread. Anyone know what new shows are coming to Ireland and the U.K. networks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Don't the new seasons come here around november or december?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

When is Joey here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

When is Joey here?
    So we can run and hide?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

When is Joey here?

it's pretty poor stuff and honestly not worth waiting for with anything approaching high expectation....

RuggieBear wrote:
    it's pretty poor stuff and honestly not worth waiting for with anything approaching high expectation....

Really - is it that bad? How did you guys get to see it if you dont mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Of the new shows airing, 'Lost' is the one really worth catching. E4 kick it off in January and I think RTE2 are doing likewise. It's about a group of plane crash survivors, stranded on an island. There's more to it than that but to say more would ruin the surprise smile.gif

I've seen eight episodes so far and it's fantastic stuff, with some great characterisation. It's so far the only new show I've seen but there's good stuff also being said about 'Desperate Housewives' starting around the same time, about a group of suburban housewives in a Twin Peaks-esque setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

i just wanna know where series 2 of nip/tuck will grace our screens? cant wait!!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

i just wanna know where series 2 of nip/tuck will grace our screens? cant wait!!!!!
    Sunday, January the 30th on Sky One @ 10PM, or so I hear.

Aren't I helpful tongue.gif

oh my good god i cant wait. thanks a million ixoy. remember though last year t na g were ahead of sky. they were the first tv channel in europe to get it! suppose its got so big sky will be buying first rights to it or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Tennis

Blisterman wrote:
    Don't the new seasons come here around november or december?

Almost all of them start in January or February! However Survivor Vanuatu has already started on TG4 and the new season of the Simpsons starts on Sky One next Sunday. Caked Karen, Sky One were the first station in Europe to show Nip Tuck last time. TG4 or TnaG as you call it were about eight or nine weeks behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

ixoy wrote:
    Of the new shows airing, 'Lost' is the one really worth catching. E4 kick it off in January and I think RTE2 are doing likewise. It's about a group of plane crash survivors, stranded on an island. There's more to it than that but to say more would ruin the surprise smile.gif

Yeah Lost is pretty great. Well worth adding to your New Year schedule. Suprised RTE got it so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I would second what was said above . Lost and Desperate Housewives are the must see new dramas this season. I have seen all episodes of both. Lost is from the Alias creators and is better that the early Alias seasons which were pretty good. Desperate Housewives has a kind of Six Feet Under vibe and is very quirky.

I am looking forward to the new seasons of 24 and Alias which are only starting in January in the US. As they are being run off over consecutive weeks I would expect them to start here pretty soon afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

And there's a great new show called Life as we know it, its been picked up by Living TV. Its meant to be like The O.C. just a bit more rauncy!
    Anyone konw when The O.C. is back? I know series 2 is on in January on E4 but what about TG4? And when is One Tree Hill back? I love my teen shows!

Thanks for letting me know Tennis bout Nip/Tuck. i've sky at home but im in college most of the time so suppose im going to have to wait for it to come on TnaG. Aw man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Tennis

Thanks for letting me know Tennis bout Nip/Tuck. i've sky at home but im in college most of the time so suppose im going to have to wait for it to come on TnaG. Aw man!
    Your Welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 McFairyland

Hi, this is my first post ever here on the board. :cool: And to answer a question about when we will get the new season of Will & Grace. I think TV3 will start showing it as soon as they finish season 6 which is on now. As for those lucky viewers who have LivingTv, like myself, we will be able to catch season 7 next April as far as I know

See ya all!!
    Emma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

CoolCiaran wrote:
    And there's a great new show called Life as we know it, its been picked up by Living TV. Its meant to be like The O.C. just a bit more rauncy!
    Anyone konw when The O.C. is back? I know series 2 is on in January on E4 but what about TG4? And when is One Tree Hill back? I love my teen shows!

I expect TG4 will get a march on E4 and kick off OC in December, maybe around Christmas. Would expect OTH back at the same time, preceding OC.

Life As We Know It is quite enjoyable, assuming it lasts - it's on dodgy ground and isn't currently airing. Pilot was very derivative of Dawson's Creek in places plot-wise, but otherwise it has decent characters, not the run-of-the-mill one-dimensionals from teen shows. It's due on LivingTV next year as you say, and also, I think RTE TWO.

Not a teen show, per se; more of a West Wing meets Everwood, but Jack & Bobby (due on TV3 early in 2005) is also well worth a look - my favourite new show of this season, alongside the *incredible - you MUST not miss this!* - Lost, starting as Ixoy and Cosgrove said, in January. You'll need to clear a night or make sure you tape this every week, as to miss one will mean you miss vital clues and pointers they keep dropping. 100% the best thing on American TV right now, IMO.

24 also back in January on Sky and RTE - and the return of Alias, which hopefully will be a bit of an improvement on season three (which was much weaker than the first two years.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

more West Wing. nyom!

what station is most up to date, or will have new series first?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Sounds as if this the show 'Lost' is going to be good by the way all of you are talking. Really looking forward to watching it. Anyone know if Summerland (another Aaron Spelling teen show) has been picked up by any of the Irish/English channels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

what station is most up to date, or will have new series first?
    RTE for the past few seasons have been consistently getting in ahead of Ch4\E4. Hopefully they will again this time, but by my reckoning, we should only have a matter of weeks to wait before it restarts. NBC are already about 6 weeks into the new series, and RTE are never too far behind them.

• Advertisement

Hi, this is my first post ever here on the board. :cool: And to answer a question about when we will get the new season of Will & Grace. I think TV3 will start showing it as soon as they finish season 6 which is on now. As for those lucky viewers who have LivingTv, like myself, we will be able to catch season 7 next April as far as I know

God!! - does anyone actually watch this rubbish??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

This is a fantastic new show started in the states last Oct. It's about the daughter of a private detective. She has to balance the usual American High School challenges with private investigating in her free time.

It's a cross between Buffy (in the High School Years) and Alias.

Most episodes are stand-alone but there's a very suspenseful running murder-mystery storyline (which is the basis for the whole show) that'll leave you begging for more.

Don't want to say too much else apart from best show this year (bar Lost).

Fingers crossed RTE will pick it up!
    Anyone else seen it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

CoolCiaran wrote:
    Sounds as if this the show 'Lost' is going to be good by the way all of you are talking. Really looking forward to watching it. Anyone know if Summerland (another Aaron Spelling teen show) has been picked up by any of the Irish/English channels?

Summerland - quite enjoyed that, even if it did get a bit pedantic at times. Interesting characters, though. Again, very much the LivingTV kind of thing, possibly Hallmark - haven't heard anything for sure. Definitely won't be on Sky One or E4, though - too much in the 7th Heaven/Gilmore Girls vein for either of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

RTE for the past few seasons have been consistently getting in ahead of Ch4\E4. Hopefully they will again this time, but by my reckoning, we should only have a matter of weeks to wait before it restarts. NBC are already about 6 weeks into the new series, and RTE are never too far behind them.
    ohhh. excellent. will have to watch out for that.

Advertisement