Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Encore : What a ****ing album.

Options
  • 11-11-2004 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I think it is really good. He has some serious tracks and the usual generic songs he comes out with. Lyrically excellent. He is such a ****in awesome mc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

it is a seriously ****in good album. his best so far without a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I listened to it on www.mtv.com and I wasn't that impressed. I would have said it was his worst album so far... Its even more pop than the last one. I'll give it another listen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

It's better than the eminem show not half as good as the other two though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Like Toy Soldiers is destined to be a hip hop classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

encore ltd 2 cd version
    even better have you heard this release?
    i got a white label of it from a dj exelent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭absolut3_slim

I can get it down here yet,most places arent gettin it in til 2mro:(Cant wait though,I have every eminem album so far....

If anyone wants to listen to the album:

http://www.mtv.com/music/the_leak/eminem/encore/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TheRebels04

The album is fkn xcellent, he is a musical genius!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

listened to it on mtv there, apart from mockingbird & maybe most thought it was really ****....kinda childish and silly, but not in a good way.

hard to describe, i think i prefare the eminem show to that....maybe it'd grow on ya but i dont feel like listening to it till it does

mockingbird is clever, mosh is good, rest suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Best reviews evar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Makaveli wrote:
    Best reviews evar.

ya man ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

what did you think of the album makaveli?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

It's annoying.
    I mean, he's good and sometimes shows that on it but the whole album just seems half assed. He spends half the bloody thing doing that mumbling half assed rhyming thing and that really gets on my nerves.

johnor wrote:
    what did you think of the album makaveli?

Haven't heard it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

yeah its ok, not brill, I had my hopes on the D12 album but that went a bit pear shaped, so atleast this is kinda what i expected, as for calling it a classsic i think only time will tell,
    it's no black album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

it's no black album
    if this is your example of a good album then it must be seriously $hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

seriously dissapointing album... sounds like they used the trusty "music by numbers" production technique.

eminem songs all sound so formulaic to me these days

give it time. It took me a few listens to make up my mind. Now i love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

I don't like it at all. One or two ok tracks and that's about it. Lyrics are no way near as good as last two albums (In fact their absolute $hit) and the melodies are too popish. "Just Lose It" just reminds me of a reworked "Without Me"

bombidol wrote:
    Like Toy Soldiers is destined to be a hip hop classic.

How right you were :D

• Advertisement

Was there really any need to bump this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭aftermathcrew

bombidol wrote:
    it is a seriously ****in good album. his best so far without a doubt
    i wouldn't agree with that, but its got some good tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

why is this thread back up?

im in shock that anyone over the age of 12 actually enjoyed this album, its by far his worst album and is probably one of the worst rap albums ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

Sm0ke wrote:

im in shock that anyone over the age of 12 actually enjoyed this album, its by far his worst album and is probably one of the worst rap albums ever made.

it's back up because aftermathcrew is posting on every single thread!:D ! i agree it's absolutely ****e, the lyrics are that of which will try to appeal to a ten year old who has bought the CD without their mother knowing i.e the "big Weenie" song and "ass like that", it's ridiculous and what's even worse is that Curtain Call has just picked out all the radio songs to appeal to the general public which sickens me as some of Eminems songs were legend

N05H3AD wrote:
    it's back up because aftermathcrew is posting on every single thread!:D ! i agree it's absolutely ****e, the lyrics are that of which will try to appeal to a ten year old who has bought the CD without their mother knowing i.e the "big Weenie" song and "ass like that", it's ridiculous and what's even worse is that Curtain Call has just picked out all the radio songs to appeal to the general public which sickens me as some of Eminems songs were legend
    "mosh" is good.but i am not defending the album.i don't think it is as good as others of his

Makaveli wrote:
    Was there really any need to bump this thread?
    Sm0ke wrote:

yeah aftermathcrew why did you needlessly bump up this old thread?

your just mad at me for telling you off for something you know was stupid.if you had any credibility you wouldn't spend your time looking for things to piss me off with

your just mad at me for telling you off for something you know was stupid.if you had any credibility you wouldn't spend your time looking for things to piss me off with
    ok ok, can we all stop postin' here so that this thread drops down to the bottom again, where it belongs, (only kiddin)

Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement