Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen dog dumped by thieves - please look

Options
  • 11-11-2004 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi all - new here

I was emailed and asked to post this on as many Irish forums as I could think of. Hope its OK to post here?
    [STOLEN 27 OCT 2004] DOG 27 Oct 2004, taken from the Sallins area. 7yo, Brown, Small brown Jack Russell cross, with white chest/belly. CONTACT 086 155 1657
    libby-sml.jpg

The thieves have allegedly informed the Gardai that they released her somewhere in the Tallaght/Dublin area, so please keep a good look out for her.

She's probably not wearing the collar and tag any more, and she has been missing for two weeks so she maybe a bit scruffy and underweight by now

Please, please crosspost to any other Irish forums you can think of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That is absolutely awful!! I hope the dog is found and returned to owner.
    I hate to hear stories like that. What bugs me is that this dog is not a pedigree or anything, so there is no monetary value in stealing it .. just for kicks..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Hi Clueless,

yes that's fine to post here, I hope you get good results from doing so!

you might want to check out IrishAnimals.ie
    Lot of people there that do great work and take in dogs, it'll get your message to a wider audience as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

koneko wrote:
    you might want to check out IrishAnimals.ie
    Heh, it's already there in the lost and found (under lost/stolen)... I knew I knew that dog from somewhere :)

Anyhoo, best of luck finding the wee lady... I'm nowhere near tallaght, but I'll keep a mental note of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 clueless

Re-united with her owners

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Cool, a happy ending.
    Glad to hear it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 clueless

Happy endings are certainly rare with this kind of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

BRILLIANT! So tell us how it happened that she was reunited with her owners!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Glad she was found. :D

We had a stray follow us home a few weeks ago, cute little terrier thing, kinda fluffy. He was very loving, seemed nervous. We called our local branch of the ISPCA, and it turned out his owners had been in. They collected the dog that same evening, and told us how they came to have it. Apparently he was abused by his first owner (not fed, left out in the cold, hit with a stick, never brought for walkies), and tehy rescued him, fed him up and got him to trust people. Poor mite, it was so upsetting. :(

Advertisement