Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for warbird

• 11-11-2004 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Has anyone ever came across an ARF Westland Lysander? Preferably about 60 size.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Never saw an ARF Lysander ... probably available in plans though.
    I'm sure I have seen plans for both the Lysander and it's axis counterpart the Storch in the past.
    If you want a wartime highwing, would you consider a Cub in war camo colours ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Billy Pilgrim

Appreciate the advice. Managed to download plans for a Lysander off the internet, but I think constructing from plans is a little beyond me for now. I've thought about the other high-wing military models, but its not just the configuration of the Lysander that attracted me, its the history of the aircraft and its usages. I've seen photos of scale Lysanders on numerous club websites, (many of them french, which figures), but I'm buggered if I can figure out where the owners came across them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Billy Pilgrim

Waheey! Got it (more or less). Came across the Kitcutters website which offers ARC kits of almost every warbird imaginable. The Kits are available in either full (all parts and accessories pre-cut, including pre-cut coverings) or short versions, (minus some of the accessories and minus the covering).
    Have to check what is the situation with overseas orders, but if anyone wants to check it out the address is www.kitcutters.com

Advertisement