Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runaway Pets

Options
  • 11-11-2004 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

My cat, which usually comes back every night, disappeared on halloween night. I feared the worst; it could have been some twisted scumbags with bangers or maybe she just got scared by the fireworks and ran too far to remember how to get back. After about a week I really didn't expect to see her again and was beginning to think about replacing her (not that I was in a particular hurry but my other cat was getting lonely as they're always together) when she returned just yesterday out of the blue- needless to say I was over the moon! Anyone else ever had their cat/dog or whatever dissapear for very long periods of time and return?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Yeah, ours used to disappear for a day or so every now and then when they were younger. My grandfather used to live with us, and when he died, all our cats disappeared for a few days.

Why did you not keep your cat inside on Hallowe'en night?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My dog (that I got as a stray anyway) went missing for about four days, ages ago. Was just beginning to give up when a neighbour found her in the garden of an empty house a few doors up. She jumped over the wall with a big drop on the far side and couldnt get back. We got her back just in time, she must have been living on rainwater. Still have the auld pet, tho shes incontinent and deaf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I was out and my younger brother left the door open, by the time I got back home the fireworks had been going on for some time and she wouldn't answer any calls. I'll definitely remember to be more careful next year!

Advertisement