Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Designer Label

Options
  • 10-11-2004 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Mine has changed a lot over the years,my current favourite and has been for quite some time is Hugo Boss,their Spring/Summer 2004 mens colelction was nice,but their Autumn/Winter 2004 Collection is awesome,some beautiful pieces.... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Miss Sixty, Miss Sixty, and even more Miss Sixty!!! :D

God I love their jeans, skirts, jackets, coats, tops, sweaters, hats, bags, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

tinkerbell wrote:
    Miss Sixty, Miss Sixty, and even more Miss Sixty!!! :D

God I love their jeans, skirts, jackets, coats, tops, sweaters, hats, bags, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    So difficult to resist scoffing at what people deem 'fashion' or 'designer' once again, Lee Cooper anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Is St Bernards a Designer Label?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Cactus Col wrote:
    Is St Bernards a Designer Label?

Technically - Yes. Colloquially - No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

krinpit wrote:
    Technically - Yes. Colloquially - No.

okay .... well I've changed my mind ... I think it's just Leisurewear on the label now ...

Great pants ... great cords ... not too bothered about their other stuff though.

(what does Colloquially mean?)

• Advertisement

So difficult to resist scoffing at what people deem 'fashion' or 'designer' once again, Lee Cooper anyone?

Miss Sixty is a designer label though ... !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Bally do great mens accessories , but alas they're no more in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I make my own clothes out hemp sacks. Fashion by Offler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Hackett are to die for.

tinkerbell wrote:
    Miss Sixty is a designer label though ... !
    Hmmmmm I guess in the same way that St. Bernard is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Cactus Col wrote:
    (what does Colloquially mean?)

From http://dictionary.reference.com/
    col·lo·qui·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k-lkw-l)
    adj.
    1. Characteristic of or appropriate to the spoken language or to writing that seeks the effect of speech; informal.
    2. Relating to conversation; conversational.

The education never stops :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Abercrombie and Fitch
    American Eagle
    Tommy Hilfiger
    Hugo Boss

Some of my favs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm WAAAAAAY too tight with my money to spend much on clothes, but I do like most of Banana Republic's mens range. Got a 3/4 length black woolen / cashmere jacket in Winter '02 - now every tool and his brother are poncing around Dublin in similar jackets!
    Would always buy something there, and in the Gap, while I'm in the States.

Hmmmmm I guess in the same way that St. Bernard is.

Whatever you reckon! You don't see the new St. Bernard collection going down a catwalk in Milan / Paris / London / NY, do you! Miss Sixty does!

Which proves my point - Miss Sixty IS a designer label.

Some other person here said their favs were A&F, AE, T Hilfiger, etc. and if they are regarded as designer labels, then so is Miss S.

Different strokes, different folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Bpb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chemist

I really like gucci handbags, some lv bags though not the monogram. As for women's designer clothes - well I was really looking forward to BTs 2 floor opening for Joseph etc though i wasn't uber impressed when there. :( i think i'll wait for harvey nicks. should check out Coast (i know that this isn't a designer) but their stuff is good

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not a fan of designer clothes. Too expensive for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

tinkerbell wrote:
    Some other person here said their favs were A&F, AE, T Hilfiger, etc. and if they are regarded as designer labels, then so is Miss S.
    That would be me :)
    I don't know if they are classed as designer labels or not, but they are clothes that I like and buy.
    Can only get Abercrombie and American Eagle gear in the states. Abercrombie charge $25 for international shipping. If it wasn't so expensive I would buy it online.
    I don't really buy Dunnes, Pennys, M&S clothes or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Cavman

I think diesel is pretty cool, they have slick jeans a tad expensive but if you want it you'll buy it,also the polo jeans are starting to get alot more trendy as
    aposed to there range a few months ago which would just have their logo,
    boss have some nice shirts but their not as popular as they were,burberby
    have cool polo shirts and shirts.

tinkerbell wrote:
    Whatever you reckon! You don't see the new St. Bernard collection going down a catwalk in Milan / Paris / London / NY, do you! Miss Sixty does!

Which proves my point - Miss Sixty IS a designer label.

Different strokes, different folks!
    That's fair enough but I'd regard Miss Sity as kinda casual studentywear whereas something designer as luxurious and covetable. Miss Sixty is hardly exclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Asked my bird who`s well in the know about birds designer labels,said Miss Sixty is not a designer label as such but they do have like a diffusion line or something that is pretty expensive..cant believe some of the labels mentioned here that people have said are designer,Hifliger do me a favour,sure every scum bag around wears that,it might be the bees knees in America but not here!!

Labels like Armani,Paul Smith,CP Company,Armand Basi,Versace Couture,Prada Sport,etc,etc are all extremly stylish,id be well more into European labels as opposed to American labels..... :cool:

I'm gonna add to this - Ugg.

Ugg footwear rawwks, and they do nifty handbags now to match as well, wahoo for gorgeous Australian footwear that cosies up your feet :D

jonny68 wrote:
    Labels like Armani,Paul Smith,CP Company,Armand Basi,Versace Couture,Prada Sport,etc,etc are all extremly stylish,id be well more into European labels as opposed to American labels..... :cool:
    Right on !

tinkerbell wrote:
    I'm gonna add to this - Ugg.

Ugg footwear rawwks, and they do nifty handbags now to match as well, wahoo for gorgeous Australian footwear that cosies up your feet :D

Ugg or Urgh ? Uggs are Fash/App 2003, apparently it's all about Mukluks now.
    Get your search on ladys; I've already tracked mine down in London and they're furry beige beauties !

http://www.shopkitson.com/index.php?pageId=3&view=product&productId=877&categoryId=43&startFrom=1

They're horrible!

Ugg or Urgh ? Uggs are Fash/App 2003, apparently it's all about Mukluks now.

Uggs ain't out of fashion! And I wouldn't exactly call those Mukluks things fashion - they are hideous!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ManAboutTown

My favourite label is armani - so there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Sweet mother of god if you pay 400 odd euro for those then you need your head examined
    They are monstrous

I'm not looking for opinions on my shoes. Check your fashion press, any commentator worth their salt will agree. Uggs are over!

• Advertisement

Don't really feel like breaking my proud record of never spending my own money on crappy 'fashion' magazines, ads every second page and pretentious rubbush for content.
    And Uggs were always nasty anyway. Especially when people wear them over jeans with a poncho. Can anyone say fashion victim?

Advertisement