Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair trade mustard

Options
  • 10-11-2004 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭

Oxfam shops (rathmines and south king street defo) have started selling fair trade mustard.

So you get tasty mustard and get a warm squishy feeling from helping someone in the developing world.

They've got a chiliberry mustard which is sublime. it comes in a pack of three different kinds of mustard. Tasty goodness. The chilliberry is so good while cooking I dip a finger into it and just eat it raw.

In other mustard news. Dunnes were doing a deal hams for under a tenner.

Get a ham.

Boil it for an hour (get rid of the salt)

while doing so.

four tea spoonfuls of colemans mustard.

two tablespoons of honey.

two shots of whiskey (one for the sauce and one for you)

Dash of brown sugar.

Scar the ham with a knife, bast it with sauce.

Stick it in the oven for two hours. Stick on some power boiled potatoes basted in olive oil and some winter veg in balsmic vingear for an hour.

Voila you have tasty sunday roast, and best of all mustardy ham samwhiches for a few days afterwards.

That is all, carry on as you were.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

The chiliberry is yummy!

Thanks for the heads up mycroft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Amz wrote:
    The chiliberry is yummy!

Thanks for the heads up mycroft!

It's the best....Mmmm tasty goodness, the other two are a lil ordinary, if the mods will allow a slight tangent the tapenade's aren't bad, but the chutney's rock........

I've been eating a lot of mango chutney lately, it's yummy with turkey and cheese in a sammich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Amz wrote:
    I've been eating a lot of mango chutney lately, it's yummy with turkey and cheese in a sammich.

Oh god yes, I wish it was christmas again just for left over turkey.........

I've got a odd caesar salad reciepe using turkey and left over ham, but theres no mustard involved.

Must make my ham/whiskey/honey thing again, aside from anything else I get to buy some whiskey and theres always the chef's taster....

But of course ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement