Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mpeg to DivX conversion

Options
  • 09-11-2004 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

I have some Mpegs that I want to put onto DVD-R to play in my Philips DVP630 (that plays everything supposedly) but what's the best converter do y'all reckon? Advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Virtualdub is the best and the one i use.... loads of options and really easy to use..
    http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

the reencode should take about 10 mins for a 45min TV episode, at least it does on my pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭flyinfishmonkey

lazygit wrote:
    Virtualdub is the best and the one i use.... loads of options and really easy to use..
    http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

the reencode should take about 10 mins for a 45min TV episode, at least it does on my pc.
    Cheers for that. Two Q's though.. Does that work with XP and is it freeware or shareware?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Yes it works with XP and its released under Open Source GNU General Public License
    so yes its free also..

I does not come with any codecs though... so you will have to download the codecs as well if you dont have them allready installed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭flyinfishmonkey

lazygit wrote:
    Yes it works with XP and its released under Open Source GNU General Public License
    so yes its free also..

I does not come with any codecs though... so you will have to download the codecs as well if you dont have them allready installed....
    Right. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

If you have multiple mpeg2 sources to convert you could consider Autogk
    Allows you to stack jobs and run them in batch ie overnight
    note only for mpeg 2 sources

• Advertisement
Advertisement